Deploys for the week of 2011-10-03

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
Hi guys, apologies for the late posting.  Oskar has been out sick, so I'm filling in with the release notes.  Here's the scoop:
Second Life Server (main channel)
This channel contains the 'maint-server' project that was on LeTigre for the past few weeks.  Most of the changes are bugfixes, but there are also some new LSL functions.
2011-10-04, 5:00am: Rolling Restart - Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/11

Second Life RC BlueSteel
Once again, BlueSteel is getting the "Faster Scripts" project. Changes were made to speed up certain LSL functions. Mmost notably Mono llGet*() calls that access object parameters (such as llGetMas() or llGetPos()) but don't actually change any object parameters, since most of those calls have built-in delays that automatically throttle the rate at which they can loop. This week's update also includes a crash fix and a fix for world map search for estate-limited avatars.  There are more details in the release notes link below.
2011-10-05, 8:00am: Rolling Restart - Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/11

Second Life RC LeTigre
LeTigre is getitng a new project this week, with agent inventory service updates.  Users of viewer 2.5.1 or above (or those using thirrd party viewers which have merged in 2.5.1 or above) should see a speed increase when fetching inventory.  This server version also includes support for Marketplace Direct Delivery, which should improve reliability when buying and selling items on the Marketplace.
2011-10-05, 9:00am: Rolling Restart - Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/11

Second Life RC Magnum
This week's Magnum will be more or less the same as this week's Second Life Server version.
2011-10-05, 10:00am: Rolling Restart - Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/11

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.  Have a nice week, and let's hope Oskar gets well soon!
 - maestro

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. ( https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

Thanks Maestro

Better late than Never!  Also please pass on a "Get Well Soon" message to Oskar for me, if you would be so good.

One question...does this release include the fix for SVC-7305 that was running on RCs?  I don't see it in the notes.

• Lindens

Good catch, Ayesha.  Yes, SVC-7305 should be fixed in the new 'Second Life Server' version, and in the new RCs that arrive tomorrow.  I've added a "Bug fixes since the initial release of this project" section to https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/11#11.09.23.241511 , which includes that Jira.

@Maestro

Thanks for that rapid confirmation.  We rezzed the Owl, and it functions properly again, so bug is definitely fixed.  I don't think it is working "quite" as it did, but it is more than good enough! (SVC-7308).

Owl update:

Something odd is occurring.  The Owl doesn't find it's coordinates properly, so it may have been damaged in the manifestation of the bug...or of course it might just have broken!  It flies OK, so I'm sure it is not in fact directly connected with the Prim Physics issue. ( We can always buy a new one!):smileywink:

Owl Update 2:  Could this behaviour be SVC-7348?

Since the beginning of the week, when our sim is restarted, sim physics collapses to about 2 fps, taking the overall sim fps down with it for up to 20 minutes or so, before eventually recovering.

Even after recovery, we never see much over 42 fps. The sim used to get almost constant 45, except when busy.

On another note, the day cycle seems to have gone back to moving in jerks, or not at all, after having been fixed for the past few weeks.

I'm not the sim owner, only estate manager. The owner seems to be away at the moment.

Can you explain why td never reaches 1 and remains at .95 or less, region fps never rises above 43, and frame time is now always over 23? This originally began on le tigre but has spread to the general release as well over the past week. I noticed some mention of statistics bar changes but never saw what that was going to do.

Thanks

Please just fix the mess you have made of blue steel with it massive lag, apparent memory leaks, and crashes.  Denying the problem exists as you are now only further erodes peoples trust in Linden Labs and encourages more to leave what is starting to appear to be a sinking ship, but if you can't fix the mess you have created at least admit it is a mess and allow those who request it to get out of the RC system as you promised and stop making yourselves look foolish by denying the obvious problems that have been endemic in blue steel since your last update. 

not seeing that on an unconnected release channel sandbox region with ~30 avatars....

I am seeing TP's in momentarily dropping both script time and frame rate though, script time bottoming out near .15, and FPS droppong to ~20. recovery is fast but the hiccups are noticeable

• Lindens

Lydia Craig wrote:

Please just fix the mess you have made of blue steel with it massive lag, apparent memory leaks, and crashes.  Denying the problem exists as you are now only further erodes peoples trust in Linden Labs and encourages more to leave what is starting to appear to be a sinking ship, but if you can't fix the mess you have created at least admit it is a mess and allow those who request it to get out of the RC system as you promised and stop making yourselves look foolish by denying the obvious problems that have been endemic in blue steel since your last update. 

Hi Lydia, is there a Jira for this problem?  We need more specifics about the issue (such as where and when) in order to address it.

• 9 months later...

I'm finding on my Second Life RC Magnum, two odd things. one was that my voice system wasn't loading until sometimes 20 attempts and second is that the jumping system seems to be acting funny. not ha ha funny but grrr funny. Its like when you jump, you're getting tripped in mid air. it does the falling animation. I'm seeing this on all same RC Magnum servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.