this..sucks..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok ive bounced around a few viewers, and pheonix is really nice....

ive used phoenix ever since emerald shut down....i recently tryed the firestorm viewer3 and the new SL viewer 3...of which..firestorm is ok but i cant see anything wit the skins since the blues, greys and blacks all run together to me..(not my puter..i cant see colors well)....which i tryed the sl viewer...which again wa sok, but all the colors are again running together to me, the edges on items are jagged not good, laggy as hell and i cant even open my inventoy without waiting for it to load for like 10 mins everytime...oh and i tryed changing the skins on firestorm which all of them was doin the same thing...

i really hope they dont make phoenix come off grid cuz that would really suck for people like me who cant really see the colors on firestorm nor SL viewer 3 :(

Firestorm has different skins built into their viewer - go to Avatar>Preferences>Skins and choose one. Experiment. Keep in mind, though that each skin requires a restart to show on the viewer, so it may take several tries for you to find one you like. ETA: Never mind, see you tried that...

As for the jagged edges in the default viewer...I'm trying to remember exactly how I fixed this. Someone else told me how, and I can't remember, but if I do, I'll post it here. (I had the same problem in Firestorm beta with mesh, which leads me to believe it has to do with the mesh code, but there's a setting you change to fix it.)

ETA: Here's a link to the thread I created about the jagged edges issue - http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Jagged-pixelated-edges/m-p/1091713  The fix mentioned there is very effective.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand the awkward interface of Firestorm and the Linden default browser. I love Phoenix but already people are wearing boxes so I can't continue to use it. Is there any viewer out there that doesn't make it a pain in the club house to do the simplest thing? People say if I keep using it I'll get used to it. It's been two weeks and not getting much better.

I constantly use different viewers, both official and otherwise... still can't stand the V2+ interface... there's no branching where there should be, nor static representation of higher level branches (ex: item properties in inventory wipe out the inventory window, forcing you to close them not only to look at other item properties, but also to just see your inventory again)

current V1 interface viewers, with mesh support include Cool, Dolphin, Astra (?),  Mesh for Phoenix, Singularity, and Imprudence isn't there yet ASFAIK but it's being worked on for all three.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.