*.on.nimp.org

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess I can't be the only one to have looked at the thread titled "Party at the Brothel." Contained a link to an animated gif, a SLURL, and what I thought was a ning.com address. Damn you, eyes! Anyway... Looked legit enough. So I clicked through and got this:

Image2.png

A little research tells me not to do that again. Was going to post a warning, but by the time I went to do so, it was gone.

Anyhoo... Kudos to whoever for that thread's short life.

Good call, Griffin.  That's why it's so important the spam be reported as soon as we see it pop up here in the forums.  Any one of those "Watch ... for free" threads that come every evening could be a link to a maliscious website.  A good anti-virus and a little common sense will prevent you from getting some nasty crap on your computer.......but the Internet thugs are getting sneakier and sneakier every day.  Be careful.

Yep, it's important that we keep on top of these slimeballs. Whenever I see their spam I RIC them and encourage others to do the same (like Peggy did in her thread last week).

Maybe we'll help save someone from getting their account highjacked or their identity stolen by getting this stuff pulled quickly.

I'm usually very careful, but they are getting sneakier. I've been to some ning.com sites before so I figured it would be safe, and slmarketplace was in the URL... so I guess I was just curious. Who knew that you could drop any subdomain and directory onto on.nimp.org and it would be valid? Well... I do now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.