What should I do if I ordered items from the marketplace and didn't receive them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I ordered a load of stuff from the marketplace the other day and for the most part everything I paid for has shown up in my inventory but a few things haven't. The L's I purchased the items with is gone and in my order history it says that the items were delivered.

SO what steps should I take in order to find my things?

(Also I didn't go in world to collect my orders right away - might that have effected anything?)

There is a Help link at the top of the Marketplace page, on the left hand side.  It contains this, and many other "helpful" suggestions.

"Unreceived items
Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

Slow deliveries may currently be more noticeable because you now have a cart to which you can add multiple items. (This wasn't the case with the old Xstreet, which closed for purchases in October 2010.) Unfortunately, we can only send so many items at a time."

28 items and not logged on to accept them definately explains things.

The items being sent count against your IM cap.  28 exceeds your cap.  Once your cap is reached the remaining items just "disappeared" (they were dispatched but could not be received by you).

Try contacting the merchants whose stuff you did not get.  Explain you did not know about the IM cap, ordered lots of stuff without logging in, and that you never got their item because your IM cap had been exceeded.

Good luck.

Edited to Add some general tips:

If possible log onto SL and clear all messages before buying so that you know your IMs are not capped.

Avoid using the cart.  Just buy one item at a time if possible.

Never buy from marketplace when your avatar is in away or busy mode.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.