For some reason my pc has been ban from sl. can anyone help... i think there is a bug in the viewers

ChuckTheMexican

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This makes no since... right after i percase a new gun to... What is going on? I cant log into sl on my pc and this makes no since... I did nothing rong...

No i can not get on as another account... Its strange i even tried moving sims and it still wont work, And its saying this pc can not access sl

9 answers to this question

They might ban an account, but I don't know that they can ban your entire computer. (Or would, since for all they know you have several people in your house using the same computer, all playing SL on it.) Can you log on using another account? If so, it's an account problem. Have you tried relogging in another area, intead of the last place you were? What happens when you try to log on? It's also possible you're "ghosting" - you're offline, but SL has you still logged in.

You can also try uninstalling your viewer completely, then reinstalling it; or install another viewer. SL glitches sometimes. If the problem continues, you can submit a ticket to LL and see if they can help you.

• Like 1

"Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer" means that Linden Lab have placed an IP ban, possibly against a range of IPs.

This is a resident to resident help area and we can't know why this has happened nor do anything about it.  You will have to contact LL by raising a support ticket or writing to them.

Hiya, Rolig, sorry about the delay in responding, Chuck was the last thing I checked before my bed time, so I've been offline for a few hours.

I have not heard of anyone ghosting since the rollouts/deploys carried out by Oskar and the bug-fixin' crew around 6th March 2011, and you know I will have been keeping a close eye on any developments in that area. (grins)

The problem with forums such as this, allowances don't seem to be made for the evolutionary nature of our virtual world. What can work one week to fix something, might not be valid the next week. You and I know this, but others, some of whom have private blogsites, get things stuck in their head (even the SL KB may not be 100% accurate, as that doesn't seem to get updated). And I hate Chinese whispers.

However, the ghosting issue could come back at some point (although I hope not - and so far it hasn't). I take extra special care to peruse the grid every time we have the weekly deploys, so that hopefully Oskar keeps informed on this particular problem if it does recur.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.