Blending a shore line

shaun Mosswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to get rid of the definite line between the sand of my island and where it meets the water, make is sort of blend in so as to get rid of the terrible visible blunt line that you see.

So, I was wondering if there is a tool you can get that would maybe roughen up the shore line and give it some realism.  I know you can get many tools that will roughen the terrain and smooth it but i think a finer control over the process is needed here.

Thanks for any help you ca give :)

4 answers to this question

You can shape the terrain as you like, if you're complaining about it being too straight an edge.  You can also, if you own the sim, replace the texture used on the land if it's that causing the 'blunt line'.  Finally, of course, you can rez prim-rocks, etc. to really roughen things up.  I'm not totally sure I understand what you're trying to do though.

This http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Building-and-Texturing-Forum/bd-p/buildingandtexturing may be the best place to ask and discuss terraforming.

Hello shaun. You can do it alone editing your land. I remember now that when for first time tried to do that in my land, i "destroyed" it :smileyvery-happy: and after i invited a friend to help me. If you have never done it in past, ask help from a friend. In this case, your land should be deeded to group. Create a new role and give to your friend the power to edit the terrain. It is under Land Powers "Always allow 'Edit Terrain'. See also:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Terraforming

It is the awful edge where the sand meets the water that i want to get rid of. There is a product on the market place that i believe lays down prims that gives you a blended look as the water meets the sand but i was wondering if there was a fine landscaping tool that would do this as the one provided by Linden dosnt cut the mustard :0

Most things in SL are user-generated but LL gives us the sky, land and sea. Their terraforming tools are the only ones there are and can do some pretty fine work (approx 2cm resolution). Do you have transparent water, etc. enabled? I don't understand what you mean by 'definite line'/'awful edge'/'blunt line' - it seems quite realistic to me. (eg; http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&cp=8&gs_id=11&xhr=t&q=bankruptcy&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1249&bih=853&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=shorelin&pbx=1&oq=shorelin&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=1612l3524l0l6232l8l8l0l2l2l0l174l671l2.4l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=9d0de41e02cde1c2&biw=1249&bih=853)

Best solution is to make sculpted mega-prims for the shoreline you want and texture them appropriately but as I said the effects you can get from the terrain tools and a few rocks * plants are usually pretty good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.