Sign in to follow this  
Dak Harbinger

Long time relationships

Hi all I just wanted to post and ask if anyone knows who has a long time relationship in S/L my partner Sugababe and I will be celebrating 6 years in december in s/l anyone else out there have a longtime partner ?

Congratulations to you and your Partner.

My SL Partner, Mariko Saito, and I recently celebrated 6 years together in SL and 5 as Partners. We were "a couple" for several years prior to my joining SL, in a text-based RP forum.

I've had two (open) romantic relationships that lasted a little over two years, one in SWG and one in Sociolotron. I think it helped that there was a lot more to do in these MMOs compared to SL, with some social activities being a necessity in order to pay for the upkeep of houses, bars/cantinas, and other player-owned structures.

Plus, the fact that these places were living, breathing worlds with NPC creatures, interesting lore, and unexpected events triggered by the game engine, really facilitated immersive roleplay. We had simply more interests in common and more entertaining things to do when we were ingame. In SL, I have found that things tend to get old very fast. Chat, sex, shopping trips, rinse and repeat. Anyway, congrats on those 6 years :)

Congrats!!! My SL partner became my RL Patner about a year after we "met" in SL, and now we have a (very real, not pixel..lol) daughter together who is turning one in a couple of weeks..crazy to think it all started here! (We've been together 3 1/2 years..this isn't my "original" avi).

Congratulations Dak.  With the typical partnership lasting a few months at best, this is something to be proud of!

i know several couples that have had a long relationship and a few that took it RL and are very happy together.  Some met here, and some in other games and ended up in SL.

Congratulations.  I know of two in SL who met their (now) RL spouses/partners in SL. 

ETA:  Make that three.  A DJ colleague just moved from Germany to England to be with her SL partner.

Ian Undercroft wrote:

A few months, Amethyst? From what I've seen, "a few days" is more typical!

I had a friend on my friends list who got "married" in SL last week; this week they are divorced.  That one I did personally see last only a few days, but I thought that was sad.  Oh well, it didn't work out for them.

@ the OP, congrats from me as well.  That is a long time to stick out an internet relationship.  If you are happy, that is what counts.

There is a book called "The Happiness Project" which states 50% of our "happiness" is inherited (meaning could be a crippling disease or an illness at birth, or other things that are genetic that could deter perfect happiness from birth, or the environment such as bad parents, or vice versa; no illnesses at birth and great parents, sibblings, etc), and the other 50% of our happiness is up to us to create in our lives.  So, if you are happy, that's all that counts as our happiness is in a great deal, up to ourselves. 

Congratulations! Wow this is awesome! Have you met in RL then? :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Dak Harbinger wrote:

Hi all I just wanted to post and ask if anyone knows who has a long time relationship in S/L my partner Sugababe and I will be celebrating 6 years in december in s/l anyone else out there have a longtime partner ?

Let's see,,,

My SL Daughter; Nine years, give or take.

Two Current slaves, Six years roughly.

And my SL. Wife Five years this December.

And we have other members of our family as well, all measured in years as well.

I love them all dearly, and count myself fortunate that i have thier love and support. :)

Angel.

Congratulations to your partnership. Well, my own one lasted three years before she tragically died in RL. I know many people with long time partnerships, meaning three or four years. After all many of us meanwhile oldtimers joined SL during the big Hype. Yours is by far the longest lasting I have ever heard of.