I paid for a few items over 2 weeks ago on Marketplace it says delivered but I never recieved them,

Agnetha Freschi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Simply send the merchant a polite notecard with the details of the transaction and a brief explanation. Don't send an instant message as these may be capped if the merchant gets a lot of correspondence. Most merchants will simply resend the item as a matter of goodwill. Perhaps, after you have received the item, you could leave a positive review and a star rating as a way of showing your appreciation.

This is extremely common. Unfortunately, the marketplace isn't really all that stable, and orders often fall through. If you purchase items one at a time, this is less likely; if you purchase multiple items at one time by using the shopping cart, it's more likely that you won't recieve your items.

Send the merchant(s) a notecard explaining the issue, with a record of the transaction history. (You can find your transaction history by going to the marketplace, "My Marketplace" at the top of the marketplace screen, then click "my account" in the menu that comes up under that, then "order history" on the left-hand side of the screen.) Simply copy and paste the pertinent details for each merchant into a notecard, name the note something descriptive and succinct (i.e. [your name]'s marketplace delivery issue), and send the note to the merchant. It's likely the merchant will replace the item as soon as he/she recieves teh notecard. Merchants who use the marketplace and actually get business there experience this issue all the time, so they understand.

ETA: It's a good idea to find items on the marketplace, then purchase them inworld; or at least to be inworld when you place your order.

Ehh this stuff has happened to me a bunch... somtimes your viewer just didnt show it or for whatever reason... Most likely if you ask nicely enough ask the mercahant that listed the item on Marketplace to please redeliver... He has all records of all his purchases... You can tell who is selling it at the side of the product page for example it would say....

Sold by: XXXXX

As others have said, contact each merchant and ask for redelivery. It's a pain, but they are used to it and most are pleasant about sending you your items.

Not that it helps now, but to remember for the future:

(1) Don't overuse the shopping cart. It is easily confused if you put more than a couple of things in it.

(2) Don't buy things from Marketplace (especially LOTS of things) unless you are in world to receive them at the time. We each have an "in box" that holds IMs, notecards, group notices, group invitations, and anything that is delivered to us if we aren't in world at the time. That "in box" can only hold 25 things, total. If anything else comes in, it isn't saved. It is gone ... poof .... forever. If you have a mess of things delivered from Marketplace and half your friends send you notecards, that in box will be capped and you will never know what happened.

(3) Personal advice ...... Shop in world.  It's more fun to explore and you're more likely to get your stuff immediately. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.