i log in- go to my last location im there for 1 minute and then the whole second life closes :(

yodasodabroda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You may be asking your computer -- or at least your graphics card -- to do too much.  You can open Preferences from the login screen without actually logging in.   Just type CTRL + P and it should open.  Then go to the Graphics page. Make sure to click the Advanced button so that you can see all the parameters, then .....

(1) Reduce your draw distance to something like 64m.

(2) Disable shadows

(3) CLick the Hardware Settings button and (a) turn anisotropic filtering and antialiasing OFF and (b) UNcheck Enable OpenGL Virtual Buffer Objects (VBO)

Then, log in to some nice low-lag place like the Smith, Pooley, or Aqua sim.  If you don't crash within a reasonable time, try gently increasing your draw distance.  You shouldn't need to go higher than 128m for a good SL experience, so if your GPU can handle that, you're fine.

It's really hard to know what combination of factors will work for your computer.  Assuming that it is able to handle basic SL features, though, there will be a combination that works.

Oh, BTW..... If you're on a wireless connection, get off of it.  Use a direct cable connection instead.  That may be enough to cure your problems right there.

Hello yodasodabroda. I want to add that if you can't choose to start at a different location, in your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK.  After click the down arrow where it says "Start at" and choose <Type region name> --> for example Smith --> Login.

Stay there under the water and care about your inventory to be fully loaded before to do everything else. This is something very important. To do that, open your inventory and the 2nd tab called "Recent" and wait fetching all your items till the last one.

When you log in except of your inventory, your computer needs time in order to upload everything you see arround. With other words your computer recieves informations from the server hosting the region you are. If during this process you try to teleport, is very posssible to crash.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.