Strange Viewer Problem

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This afternoon, a friend and I had a very interesting viewer problem.  The easiest way for you to understand what was going on is to show you.  So...here are two photos.  The first one is how and where *I* saw him and the second one is how *HE* saw himself.  It's the craziest thing we two have ever come across!  Ready?  OK...here we go...

Snapshot _ _Design Extreme_ Main Store, Bitterblue (6, 74, 21)2.png

If you look down at the bottom of the photo and see the speck next to the building corner...that's ME.  As you can see, my buddy is way up in the air and off the sim!  There is no sim adjoining ours on that side.  OK...now here's how he saw himself:

Snapshot _ _Design Extreme_ Main Store, Bitterblue (4, 75, 21).png

He saw himself standing right in front of me!  As I said, this is the first time something like this has ever happend.  To try to fix it, he teleported away, and then back again.  I watched his avatar in the sky as he did this.  When he teleported, I saw the particle stream in front of me (you know the one...it shows up in a circle when someone TP's away) and his avatar up in the sky disappeared.  Then when he came back, he was right where he should be.  So, a teleport resolved the problem. 

I'm just curious what would cause such a thing to occur and has anybody ever had something like this happen to them? 

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Very odd, that just happened to me last night, my friend could not see me although to myself I was right in front of them, even bumping into them. They logged out and back in and the problem was resolved.

Howdy, Miss Charlotte!

Another strange thing is that my radar showed him 128.30m away from me at the time he was up in the air.  With Phoenix, if you double click on a persons name in the radar, your camera will automatically zoom right to them, and that's how I found him hovering up there.  It was weird.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Howdy, Cowboy
:)

On  my radar they were right in front of me, I hadn't thought to ask them to locate me on their radar, it seems I may have been in your friends situation and maybe my friend would have found me in the air in their viewer, if we had thought to look for me
:P

Yep, I bet so too.  With all the changes and "critical OS updates" that are upcoming on Monday, I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!

that is very strange indeed and i have experienced it myself or something similar though in opposite order there was a period of time no longer than a week when i used to tp in to the LL road of a sim i think it was on route 8a i'd tp in move a few paces then find myself shoved in to a next door sim between a piece of land a friend owns/owned and the road i could look out to the sim i was in but couldn't move yet if i tried to move other people in the sim i was in even my alt saw me moving around as normal in to ban lines and what not. i don't know what viewer your using for me i was using the then emerald viewer which no longer exists i remember no one in the emerald viewer group had ever heard of the problem before

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

that is very strange indeed and i have experienced it myself or something similar though in opposite order there was a period of time no longer than a week when i used to tp in to the LL road of a sim i think it was on route 8a i'd tp in move a few paces then find myself shoved in to a next door sim between a piece of land a friend owns/owned and the road i could look out to the sim i was in but couldn't move yet if i tried to move other people in the sim i was in even my alt saw me moving around as normal in to ban lines and what not. i don't know what viewer your using for me i was using the then emerald viewer which no longer exists i remember no one in the emerald viewer group had ever heard of the problem before

Howdy, Miss Claireschen!

Yes, when he walked around, in my viewer (Phoenix) he just walked around up there in midair.  In fact, he just walked around in circles up there.  Kinda cracked me up if ya wanna know the truth!  /me laughs  Seeing him wandering around way up in the air like it was the most natural thing in the world was funny as heck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.