Host not found?

UncommonTruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What is this? All the search screens, the loggin page, and all media now say Host Not found. Mabey that has something to do with having been a cloud for the last few days?

Edit-The female test sugested on another thread fixed my cloud problem, and after using the alternate servers I could hear media at least, but even now I get "host not found" on everything from the loggin page to the home tab to searches. My cache has been cleared, router reset..I'm at a loss.

3 answers to this question

It's a conection issue.  You may be able to cure it by simply rebooting your router.  Unplug it from the power and walk away for a few minutes.  When you come back, plug it back in again.  That will force the router to find the IP address again and may clear up your problem. It may also help to reboot your computer.

If that doesn't work, then try this slightly more complicated solution >>>  http://neilrobinson.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/a-fix-for-dns-errors/. Basically, it amounts to adding additional DNS servers to your DNS settings in Network settings under System Preferences, instead of letting your machine use whatever your ISP assigns as a default.  The only change I would recommend in that otherwise very nice article is that I think you ought to use Google's free public DNS servers instead of the ones that the article recommends.  Those addresses are  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 

• Like 1

Hello Uncommon. Did you accidentally adjust your proxy settings? You find them under preferences and setup tab. If yes, disable everything there and see if that helps. Alternatively, log in with Phoenix.

About your second problem, try the solutions here. After if you are still a cloud, you need to clear your cache manually and relog. We have posted many times how to do that, but if you need help about, let us know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.