Can anyone Recommend a good Modeling school on sl?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so far I looked at glance-international,Classic with Style, Moda modeling, and 

Miss Virual world Modeling academy. The tutiton is about the same and I've been saying up for some time to attend to one of them, but It would be nice to hear about people's experiences with them so I make the right choice. I'm also looking for one that has paegents and shows regulary so I can earn money to buy for clothing and shapes.

Those schools will give you the technical foundation for becoming a model in SL.  However, there are attitudes and behaviors that come from you, too.  Most good schools will have at least one show featuring graduates.  After that, it is up to you to apply for a regular modeling position at the agency.  Only then might you be in 'regular' shows (agencies do not have pageants...those are separately advertised and managed).  Many models belong to more than one agency.  This is because no one model can be expected to participate in all of the agency shows.  There are too many models to pick you all of the time.

Of course, if you stick with it long enough and you have the right capabilities and attitude, you might become a featured model for an agency.  Good luck.

ETA:  The majority of models do not earn L$ modeling in shows.  They 'earn' the outfits they are asked to model.  You are required to have a large enough inventory as a model to supply the accessories to any basic outfit you are asked to model.

You are thinking the cart comes before the horses.  You need that inventory before you model.  Not vice-versa.

Keep in mind all those places are fun and interactive,many spend more on cost then they take in to have fun  interactive sl experience for others to enjoy.I have never enrolled  to one but have had friend that have .I have gone to some of their shows and they where really fun . The one I had friends in was Moda modeling They seem to have a lot of fun.

I went to one advertised on the events postings, thinking to earn a few lindens, but lol, watch out for scams. Reading the rules to apply, you were required to submit pics of yourself wearing items from their store (the cheapest of wich were 295l) to be offered a job paying 300l.....Sadly, there was nothing in that place I was willing to pay for.

I ran across this same one, or at least one just like it.  What a scam!  SL can be so much like RL it is scary.  Nothing is free in life, S or R.  But, using the guise of model training and jobs to get you to buy from their store is just fraud.  I can't recommend any agency (looking forward to someone who can), but this industry is probably as tough in SL as RL.  You pay for the training, you have the basic inventory already, and you MIGHT get to work for free clothes.  Only a few ever go on to make any significant L$s.

Taylor Roff wrote:

Only a few ever go on to make any significant L$s.

Depends on what you mean by 'significant L$'.  I would say hardly anyone makes 'significant L$' modeling.  As with most things in SL, one does it for the fun.  If your motivation is anything else but fun and enjoyment, you will likely be disappointed.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Seconded - learn to change clothes and appearance as required,
sit on poseballs
and run animations.  There isn't anything else to 'modelling'.  Look at the 
 forum for people hiring models.  After that, just like RL, it's a matter of building experience, a portfolio and contacts.

There are no poseballs involved.  Building experience with none will be the challenge.

I stand corrected.  I thought many shops employing models (camping, if nothing else), photo-studios and even catwalks relied on poseballs/pads/whatever.  A lot easier and safer (asset permissions) that way than just handing the model a load of animations and relying on them to hit the right marks, in the right pose, at the right time.

I worked as a shop model for several months at one time.  The shop had a pad with a menu we used to switch poses but we could also use our own poses while on the pad.  Most of us loaded up our own HUDs so we could easily switch off.  No synch was required.  Management allowed us this latitude and payment was in clothing.  So, we used our own animated or static poses.  Another thing a model must have--loads of poses.  You are not ordinarily 'supplied' these.

Catwalks do not use pose balls.  Models are to have their own walks and animated poses in a HUD, stop on queue, and pose...remain for the alloted time, and continue.

Camping models?  That is not modeling.  That is camping.

Photo studios have their own poses if you hire a photographer to take snaps (for L$).  You can bring your own poses, of course, to share with the photog.

Probably not the best choice of words.  :)  I just meant enough L$ to keep shopping in SL.  I totally agree that we ARE here for fun and obviously not to make a living.  I consider not having to pull out the credit card and use real $ very often to be making pretty good money in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.