How do I start a boutique that sells clothing I didn't personally create.

classyb4all

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 answers to this question

Yes, you can open a boutique inworld selling items you didn't create, becoming an affiliate vendor. You can buy franchise packages (here's a link to the marketplace offers). In general, you will receive the vendors as boxes which you can rez in you shop. Upon rezzing them, you will see a yellow pop up asking you to grant permissions to take money from you for the items you will be selling (the percentage vary from 40% to 90% as you can see browsing the MP link below). The guidelines should explicitly be explained by the designer selling you the franchise. In doubt, you may contact him inworld to make sure you agree on the terms and conditions for being a reseller.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=9&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=affiliate

I assume you are selling as an affiliate of one or more designers. I did that for a couple of years although I did sell my own jewellery too. The designers will have set out rules and they should be in the package you received. Read them and they will say what you can and cannot too. You will probably be restricted from opening a shop in a mall where someone else has already opened an affiliate shop and that clearly makes sense. Some will insist that you display their name over the shop and that it includes 'affiliate' (package will include the textures) so customers know they are not dealing with the designer directly. There will be guidelines regarding delivery failure and other issues too.

Sales in shops I opened in various malls and clubs proved to be extremely poor and lost money every time. I only made money when I bought my own land, set up there as an individual shop, created my own shop name and advertised it best as I could. I sectioned the shop between the various designers and was selling enough to keep them happy. Good luck with your endeavour. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.