Is it possible im the babys daddy in Second Life?

WadeW

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I understand why people would want "families." I, myself, have been pondering adopting older children. I like the idea of mentoring and nurturing children. It's a comforting thought.

If the full family experience (meaning "from conception and beyond") is what folks want, I sort of get that. What I don't understand are two things:

1) The desire to rope some poor guy into fatherhood, who had no interest in this "game." Why would you do that to someone? If two people agree ahead of time, I understand. But trying to force someone? What?

2) The "pregnancy" and "prim baby" tools that rope everyone around you into noticing your state. How is it even realistic that the internal need to pee is announced to an entire room? I remember one ball I went to. This woman's belly was announcing, constantly, that she had to pee, or that she had gas. Lady, if, realistically, it's bad enough that everyone in the room knows it, you probably should have stayed home! If folks want to have entire sims or areas where they do this, awesome. Go for it. But please don't attempt to rope entire rooms of strangers (who did NOT sign up for your pregnancy) into paying attention to you. It doesn't stop when the prim babies are born, either. They parade them around like little status symbols, and get very angry when you ignore the thing, refuse to interact with it and decline demands to buy it things (I am NOT buying presents for your little prim larvae!).

That said, I see a lot of pregnant women in my shop. I guess my stuff alters well for pregnancies. I genuinely don't mind the quiet tummies. Not my thing, but hey, it's your Second Life. Please, just don't insist that it also be a part of my Second Life.

What... WHAT - of course you are the "baby Daddy" and as such you owe the "baby Moma" half (maybe more) of all the proceeds from your sl income... child support (even for prim babyees) is really really spendy these days.  oki oki - you might be new at this but if you don't want to get married you at least have to step up, be a gentleman and offer to pay for her ( and the babeees) housing, health care, education etc.  for the next 18 years... (you probably thought this was a harmless game - WHOOPS!), I am really (no really) sorry i didn't have better news.  You better get a really expensive sl lawyer before she does...

shhh (kidding)- sleep easy friend, unless you are as crazy as she is

Christ of Christs, even in SL there are trailer trash episodes.

I imagine the scene now -

Girl walks up to the SL trailer where the prim Pontiac Trans-Am is parked, dogs on the porch, PBR beer cans in the rusty metal trash can and yard, Lynard Skynard on the SIM radio, and she knocks on the lop-sided prim door and is like, You da daddy! You need to step up and pay fror dis kid!" Meanwhile her tummy is talking cause another "blessing" is on the way.

Meanwhile her backup is the avatar who just got out of SL prison, he was in there for some griefing he didn't do. No, really, he DIDN'T DO IT!

OK you know what I imagine about the SL ghettos and slums? I imagine the creators of them are probably some younger spoiled suburbanite kids who know not poverty, who think the ghetto and the hood are cool places. They have no clue.

And for the SL sheltered - yes there are slums in SL, really nasty ones. Well put together from a build/texture aspect but they look really gross, like the kinds of places you don't want to be in RL.

Now about SL responsibility - there is NONE. You won't get kicked off or have to pay L$ or any of that silly crap. Unless you break certain real-life laws like gambling, hacking, knowingly messing with minors, or wearing white after labor day, you can walk away from anything, especially some prim baby.

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

OK you know what I imagine about the SL ghettos and slums? I imagine the creators of them are probably some younger spoiled suburbanite kids who know not poverty, who think the ghetto and the hood are cool places. They have no clue.

I think you're largely correct. Honestly, you can usually tell which folks actually know where the hood is. It's something that mirrors real life for me, in an amusing way. I was born and raised in East LA. In spite of popular opinion, some Anglo-Saxon families do live there. Mine was one. We were largely integrated with the community. Us kids spoke the language, knew how to get along in the area. My sister didn't even know we weren't latino until she was older. I now live on the East Coast now, in the rural suburbs. I laugh like crazy whenever I see the kids in our area trying to be "gangsta." They look kind of hurt when they try to look tough, and I walk by, completely unphased. It rattles them even more when I switch to speaking peasant Spanish (a dialect common where I come from). Not one of them knows poverty. Not one of them knows what it's like to have to have big dogs for actual protection in their own homes. Maybe, maybe, the first time they see a guy shooting heroin under his nails on a city bus, they'll realize how good they have it.

Before the condition I was born with became too severe to allow travel to 3rd world countries (my immune system is now too compromised), I did do that. We fed people. We built them homes (my condition never allowed me to build the homes directly--I worked in the food tents, making meals to support those who were building). We did lice treatments all over the countryside. If these kids would consider going on trips like that, maybe they'd realize how good they have it. Personally, having experienced a lot of hardship in my early life, and having helped others in worse situations, I'm thankful when my biggest problem is money being a little tight.

It's no secret that the other owner of 1920's Berlin also actually knows the ghetto, in real life. I think that, along with the fact that both of us are highly educated in the historical ghettos in Western society, helps us to be very even-tempered in presenting them in Berlin. There isn't the extreme, overdone presentation of it, like I see in a lot of sims. The people are poor, sure, but not everyone was a criminal. There are many families, just trying to get by, as it is in real life. Quite a lot of the people are heavily religious and highly moral. The criminals make the news, though, so they end up representing the ghetto far more than the normal people. So, what you see in many of the "ghetto" sims is largely a reflection of what suburban kids see on the news, as opposed to real life. Sad, really.

Mila Edelman wrote:

If the full family experience (meaning "from conception and beyond") is what folks want, I sort of get that. What I don't understand are two things:

1) The desire to rope some poor guy into fatherhood, who had no interest in this "game." Why would you do that to someone? If two people agree ahead of time, I understand. But trying to force someone? What?

Sadly, there are  women who do this all the time in RL...why should SL be any different :(

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

WadeW wrote:

This girl that I slept with on second life is claiming im the daddy, but I did not have a HUD on or the onduty **bleep**, I only had the xcite **bleep**. Is it possible im the father? Or is she setting me up on som bull**bleep**.

Really you shouldn't have posted that at all.  The thing to do is say "A friend of mine has this problem.. he slept with this woman..."   You don't take personal responsibility for anything.  Then take Charolotte's advice.  Unfortunately you confessed in line one so now you're the one who's screwed.  Nice going daddy.

LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I was on my first ever post in this forum (see previous post) and apparently I already did something wrong: I tried to post a picture that didn't seem to show up. Sorry about that, my bad. (Walks off with little blond avi head hung low in shame. Then comes back to add one more thing...)

Perhaps I will be allowed to post a link to the picture? Pretty please? Here goes...

http://bitstrips.com/r/2LMP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.