She Loves me....She Love me not.... She Loves me??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jaikke wrote:

Do you say I love you in a SL relationship and what does that mean?

my AV  does'nt have a heart, but uses mine, so if I say it I mean it in all worlds.

Awwww...that is such a sweet sentiment and I totally agree with you :)

If he is someone that I'm attracted to through his personality, beliefs, commonalities and I desire him...I am emotionally involved.  Doesn't matter that it happened in this environment :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

btw...nice work on the badge!!

I've never said "I love you" in SL...  Those feelings do not come quickly and I am very realistic about how I feel and who I trust.  I've never had that kind of relationship there, but I imagine if I ever did feel the words, I would say them and mean them in all worlds.  By your rezday you have been in-world for 7 weeks...  Have you said those words, yet?  If you are asking what it means when someone else types it out, it is different for everyone.  I have told chocolate that I love it and I never expected to hear it back or to have my feelings returned.  So far chocolate has never been jealous that I also love peaches.

I once tried to explain to a good friend (or so I thought at that time) and SLover that I liked her a lot, but didn't consider the term "love" to be an accurate description of my semi-anonymous online relationship with her. It didn't go over well. Ever since then, I've been replying with "yeah, love you too" whenever someone ends a conversation with "love you". It seems to be the appropriate protocol in this kind of situation.

I've said it, but I never said it without meaning it. I wear my heart on my sleeve in both worlds, which is ironic being I am a very shut off person with a brick wall in front of me. But I feel that any emotion felt for another person in SL should be considered to be real because you are a real person feeling it behind the avatar. As already mentioned our avatars have no hearts and no ability to feel, so why would you say it if it wasn't in your mind to begin with? I feel that unless you're sure it's something you can accept you feel in your real emotions then it's not a phrase to thrown around recklessly.

I don't think the word 'I Love You' should be forced on someone. I've had a relationship where the guy demanded that I say the Word eventhough I didn't feel like it at that time. I'm that type of person who will only say it if it was true.

But here's a thing about forcing someone to say it... My ex demanded me to say the word because he thinks he knew that I was in love with him... and that if I don't say it, he doesn't think our relationship will work. So I did, I said I love You to him... with a considerable amount of detachment from the word I said and my feelings towards him at that moment.

But after sometime of saying the word 'I Love You' over and over to him, I began to realise that I, in fact, had fallen in love with him. Soon after, it came out so naturally, I couldn't say it often enough. But that's when the relationship started to go down the drain... he thought I was faking it and I only did it because it was forced on me.

My point is, I Love You in SL meant a lot to people and yet they are not a precious thing. The word 'I love you' is as dispensable as the feelings you have towards a person you met in Second Life. And people like you and myself who thinks LOVE should be for real will get our mind screwed over and over by the people who knows how to play them well.

So, you better make sure that what you felt is real. If you've only been here for a few weeks (but I doubt you are a newbie, you seemed to know your way around) I think you should really take your time but let the other person know that you are persuing her/him exclusively and no doubt in your mind and heart that there is only that one person.

@Kylie, thank you on the badge :)

@Cinnamon  Not new recycled from a '06 to '10 av who has now moved on. Surfing accident :)

@all :)  thanks for being open on this.  I've often wondered how others felt on this as SL can feel so real an i do experience avery emotion as if I'm dating someone in RL.  Guess I could'nt really fake the most precious things in life,  love and  relationships. :).

To Kylie's point about environment,  SL to me is a great way to really get to know someone's feelings and beliefs in life.  If I take the time to share and they are open, can learn alot about each other.

lot of other awesome comments, thanks :)

Jaikke wrote:

To Kylie's point about environment,  SL to me is a great way to really get to know someone's feelings and beliefs in life.  If I take the time to share and they are open, can learn alot about each other.

Jake...you get to know them on a totally different level, in a lot of cases, without the package wrapping you would have to influence you in RL.  You could find the love of your life, the perfect person for you in RL, but never know or realize it when you let superficial looks give you the option on whether you even approach someone or not to get to know them.  That old adage is so correct about never judging a book by it's cover. :)

thats the question, what does mean it mean?  :)  I know its personal for everyone,  just trying to get a feel for what people mean when saying I love you in SL.  Does that mean a person is in love only in a Virtual world or both and all that implies :)

If I were to say "I love you" I would mean..I love you. Like you said, my ava doesnt have a heart, it would be mine talking. I've seen plenty of posts on the forums about people rping relationships, so I would be hesitant to fully believe an ily from anyone here.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.