Cannot get region handshake, wont let me log in!

Breeze Blessed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whenever i try to log in it takes me to waiting for region handshake and then freezes.  Then i get the message that I cannot connect and to check my internet which is always fine.  I've been told to check my firewall and it's not that, i've turned it completely off and cant connect.  Rebooted my router which worked once and hasnt worked since,  What can I do!!?

1 answer to this question

OK...I was prepared to give you the firewall answer, but if you are really sure that you have turned it off.....

Try this (adjusting the details slightly if you don't happen to be using Firestorm) ....

When you receive notifications, unless you dismiss them, they accumulate for later reading, in the small envelope icon on the lower right of the screen. Over time, they will grow in number. If you log out, these unread notifications are saved for when you next log in. If there are too many of them, processing them during next log in can cause a log in time out and you will be disconnected. The solution here is to delete the file with the saved notifications.

• Locate your Firestorm settings folder. If you do not see this folder, you may need to show hidden folders.
    • On XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\Firestorm
      or use the environment variable %APPDATA%)
    • On Windows Vista and 7: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm
      (or use the environment variable %APPDATA%)
    • On a Mac: /Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Firestorm
    • On Linux: ~/.firestorm
  • In this folder, open each folder which has the name of your SL account(s) and inside that, delete the file called open_notifications.xml - this will result in all past, unread notifications being lost.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.