how to ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Fabena. At first you have to set your Home Location. To do that or you must to have your own land, or to be on a region or parcel which is deeded to group and the owner offers this right for group members. In group roles, the permission is under "Parcel Powers" and called Allow 'Set Home to Here' on group land. After that under your preferences and general tab you choose: Start location - My home.

6 answers to this question

Hello Fabena. At first you have to set your Home Location. To do that or you must to have your own land, or to be on a region or parcel which is deeded to group and the owner offers this right for group members. In group roles, the permission is under "Parcel Powers" and called Allow 'Set Home to Here' on group land. After that under your preferences and general tab you choose: Start location - My home.

Hi, I've just offered you a TP for a sandbox where you can rez objects, 24 hours before auto return. And no, you don't have to own land: that's what sandboxes are for.

As for your home location, if you have a land of your own, do as Love said: set your home position (in the world menu > set home here).

If you don't have any land, explore the grid: many public sims allow to set your position there. You may also set a home location on a mainland infohub. Open the map and do a search.

Have fun!

Your home location can be anywhere on land that you own or rent, or that a group you belong to owns or rents.  It can also be any Linden infohub.  (For some obscure reason, my first home was a Japanese bus station.  Go figure.)  Anyway, you can go there instantly by typing CTRL + Shift + H .   If you don't remember where your home is, this is a good way to find out.

The search thing usually works, so give it another try.   Type in SANDBOX and it will find you hundreds.  Pick one somewhere down the list instead of one near the top.  That way, you'll avoid crowds.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.