Sign in to follow this  
Hippie Bowman

How did you come up with the name for your Avatar!

Victoria wrote:

It's just my favorite name. I like the Victorian era, particularly writers like Dickens, George Eliot, Thomas Hardy, Henry James... and then on the other hand, I admire Victoria Beckham.

I tried in the past to get a Victoria-named avatar, but it seemed that there was already a Victoria for every last name that I tried.

Right after I got this name, someone offered me a thousand lindens for the account. Even if it wasn't against the rules, there is no way I would have sold it (especially for such a paltry sum as that!).

Great story behind your name!  Glad you did not sell your account!  Far out!

Peace!

ShyBirdShy wrote:

My friends gave me my nickname in real life.  Shybird, so I added the shy to the end of it since shybird was already taken.

I HIGHLY regret this avie name.  I wish SL had an option to change it. 

Why regret your name? I think its sweet.

Renee Montpenier wrote:

My name really is Renee. My family is from New Orleans for many generations. So I scrolled through and found a French Sounding name even though my real name is English.

So cool Renee!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

UncommonTruth wrote:

ShyBirdShy wrote:

My friends gave me my nickname in real life.  Shybird, so I added the shy to the end of it since shybird was already taken.

I HIGHLY regret this avie name.  I wish SL had an option to change it. 

Why regret your name? I think its sweet.

I think it is sweet too, and far out!

Peace!

I created my username after a mixed drink, Kiss of Fire. It sounds cool, and it's fun to make! ^_^

I actually use this same username on a couple other sites too, so it just kinda stuck with me. But now that I think about it, if I could go back and change it (no, I don't want to make an alt.), I'd make it an actual NAME that I come up with. First and Last name. But oh well..... That's what display names are for, right? ^^;  

KissofFire wrote:

I created my username after a mixed drink, Kiss of Fire. It sounds cool, and it's fun to make!
^_^

I actually use this same username on a couple other sites too, so it just kinda stuck with me. But now that I think about it, if I could go back and change it (no, I don't want to make an alt.), I'd make it an actual NAME that I come up with. First and Last name. But oh well..... That's what display names are for, right? ^^;

Thank you kiss of fire for sharing!  Found this on CocktailDB. 
Build
Fill with
Add 2 3
(2 1/2 oz, 7.5 cl, 5/8 gills)
Flame
Serve in a
(1.0 oz)

Cool, or should I say Hot  name!  Groovy!

Peace!

Rufus Darkfold wrote:

Rufus was a bat in a children's story that painted himself all different colors and flew around in the daytime.

Thanks for sharing!  Is this Rufus?

rufus.jpg

Peace!

Trin Eiselstien is my AV's name.

Trin because that is the nickname my uncle (god rest his soul) gave me, he said I looked like Trinity from the Matrix movies.

Eiselstien, I wanted something that sounded foreign and a little different and I am a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist so I picked a name from one of the "not so mainstream" characters Armony Eiselstien.

As for the Trin1 thing, Trin was taken.

Trin1 wrote:

Trin Eiselstien is my AV's name.

Trin because that is the nickname my uncle (god rest his soul) gave me, he said I looked like Trinity from the Matrix movies.

Eiselstien, I wanted something that sounded foreign and a little different and I am a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist so I picked a name from one of the "not so mainstream" characters Armony Eiselstien.

As for the Trin1 thing, Trin was taken.

SO cool!  Thanks for sharing Trin!

Peace!

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Melita means Mermaid.

I knew about the affinity; I didn't know about the meaning.

I also wanted something mellifluous for Magic.

This^^ is what really knocked me out. I have a pet Meeroo, the daughter of one named after me. She's still in my inventory but she'll find her place once I have time to get my little plot better organized. The thing is, she already has a name: Mellifluous. She's named for the singing voice of a friend, and I call her 'Mel' for short.:smileyhappy:

Perfect name! Really lovely. And it fits. I wish you the best with your pet when it comes time to hatch her. (PS get outta my head! teehee.)

Hippie: Thanks! Great thread idea.

Hippie Bowman wrote:

How did you come up with the name for your Avatar!  Your posts are welcome!

Peace!

I wanted a feminine name. I always liked old fashioned feminine sounding names. I had two accounts before this one that I forgot or lost. The 2nd one just disappeared one day. Both of those had similar names to Clarissa. Annabella maybe or Katrina. I wish I knew. 

I also wanted a last name that sounded like a real one and a respectable sounding name and one that is easy to remember. I didn't want a comical or gimmicky sounding name. So that's how I picked Clarissa and Lowell and that's who I be. :)

Melita Magic wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Melita means Mermaid.

I knew about the affinity; I didn't know about the meaning.

I also wanted something mellifluous for Magic.

This^^ is what really knocked me out. I have a pet Meeroo, the daughter of one named after me. She's still in my inventory but she'll find her place once I have time to get my little plot better organized. The thing is, she already has a name: Mellifluous. She's named for the singing voice of a friend, and I call her 'Mel' for short.:smileyhappy:

Perfect name! Really lovely. And it fits. I wish you the best with your pet when it comes time to hatch her. (PS get outta my head! teehee.)

Hippie: Thanks! Great thread idea.

You are most welcome Melita!

Peace!

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

How did you come up with the name for your Avatar!  Your posts are welcome!

Peace!

I wanted a feminine name. I always liked old fashioned feminine sounding names. I had two accounts before this one that I forgot or lost. The 2nd one just disappeared one day. Both of those had similar names to Clarissa. Annabella maybe or Katrina. I wish I knew. 

I also wanted a last name that sounded like a real one and a respectable sounding name and one that is easy to remember. I didn't want a comical or gimmicky sounding name. So that's how I picked Clarissa and Lowell and that's who I be.
:)

Perfect Clarissa!  What a lovely name!  Far out!

Peace!

Pushed a bunch of random letters together, got lots of m's so i put vowels between them. And tada, mimemimo!

As for loopen, reminded me of remus lupin from the Harry Potter books!

My first name came from a movie called The 25th hour.   So now when I watch the movie and I hear Ed Norton's voice say "Naturelle" I close my eyes and pretend he is talking to me instead of Rosario Dawsen!  tee hee :P

Because I made a kid av. And I liked what my name Charity means --- consideration, humanity, benignity, sympathy. Benevolence or generosity toward others or toward humanity. Kindness or leniency in judging others. 

I wanted a kid av to just be cute and simple. Not be hit on or so serious all the time. Not have great expectations of me, sort of just chase butterflies and make mud pies. I don't use this av much because there isn't much to do or places to go. But it's interesting to recreate yourself as a you were back when you were a kid.

Mimemimo Loopen wrote:

Pushed a bunch of random letters together, got lots of m's so i put vowels between them. And tada, mimemimo!

As for loopen, reminded me of remus lupin from the Harry Potter books!

So cool Mimemimo!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

Naturelle Starbrook wrote:

My first name came from a movie called The 25th hour.   So now when I watch the movie and I hear Ed Norton's voice say "Naturelle" I close my eyes and pretend he is talking to me instead of Rosario Dawsen!  tee hee
:P

LOL Naturelle!  So good!  Thanks for sharing here!

Peace!

charity Hollow wrote:

Because I made a kid av. And I liked what my name Charity means ---
consideration,
humanity,
benignity,
sympathy.
Benevolence or generosity toward others or toward humanity. Kindness or leniency in judging others. 

I wanted a kid av to just be cute and simple. Not be hit on or so serious all the time. Not have great expectations of me, sort of just chase butterflies and make mud pies. I don't use this av much because there isn't much to do or places to go. But it's interesting to recreate yourself as a you were back when you were a kid.

Great story behind your name!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

Isoldel wrote:

Mine is a play on the word ISO from the Tron universe and the name Isolde. Simple enough.
:)

That is great Isoldel!  Thanks for sharing here!

Peace!