OnDuty Pregnancy - how to avoid it?

Glimmer Aries

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

tinarob wrote:

I got "knocked up" by an On-Duty **bleep**, and (like you) got a free abortion, fearing something would happen to my avatar, or I'd get bothered, or something. My friends set me straight after that, and said, "ignore it".

After that, another On-Duty **bleep** "knocked me up". I ignored it.

1) Except for the announcement telling me I was pregnant and I should come get a belly, I recieved nothing from On-Duty. So, I think SPAM concerns are probably unwarranted.

2) After the second impregnation (an, my ignoring it), I was with any number of On-Duty fellas, and not once have I been told I'm pregnant.
It might be that all you need to do is ignore it once, an everyone's On-Duty will leave you a lone.

edit: Oh, C'mon! You can't say pen1s?

No, but you can say penises... which means you'll have to ignore more than one at the same time.

...Dres

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

You handle it your way; I'll handle it mine.... hopefully, we'll all be satisfied in the end.

...Dres

Yes lol! so many to handle. It's gonna take 2 of us at least to handle them all hehehe

Speak for yourself, sweety. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

...Dres

• 4 months later...

I have had ongoing experience with OnDuty going back to 2008 in previous avatars.

As far as I am concerned, they are a bunch of griefers, and I'm about ready to AR them and see what happens.

The difference with Bloodlines is that they do provide - totally free - their 'garlic necklace' for people to opt out. OnDuty provides nothing of the kind.  If some dillbrain with an OnDuty happens to squirt his stuff and you didn't realize what a useless piece of el-cheapo (free!) equipment he was using cos you weren't paying enough attention, you end up pregnant as per their system.  Sure, you can then choose to ignore it;  but you do remain registered in their system forever as a pregnant avatar in the same way as a bitten avatar remains in the Bloodlines system unless they use the garlic necklace.

On principle this should not be allowed in SL, and OnDuty should be closed down or required to introduce a free opt-out system for avatars who don't want to be part of their money-spinning racket.

Intelligent comment welcomed. People who want to roll their eyes and decry SLsex as a joke, please spare us your shallow, self-serving platitudes.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

you do not have to "get gear " or select yes for on duty . your mixing that up with SSN **bleep**. On duty needs no agreement to get anyone preggers. however its a server only pregnancy. meaning unless your on duty active noone would know your even preggers, you can reset your character though if it bugs you . ive used it on trolls that sit on me lol

na verdade não. bem, e bem simples se você tiver o marco você vai la senta na cadeira de abordo e pronto espera. tambem tem outra opsao para isto nao acontesser novamente, você sempre pode pedir que a pessoa use camizinha pois o **bleep** que a pessoa usou em você realmente engravida pois ele clico realmente com a intensão de te engravida. lembre-se sempre pessa para a pessoa usar a camizinha porque os **bleep** sempre vem com camizinhas... rsrsrs boa sorte ;):matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Vaelle wrote:

The difference with Bloodlines is that they do provide - totally free - their 'garlic necklace' for people to opt out. OnDuty provides nothing of the kind.  If some dillbrain with an OnDuty happens to squirt his stuff and you didn't realize what a useless piece of el-cheapo (free!) equipment he was using cos you weren't paying enough attention, you end up pregnant as per their system.  Sure, you can then choose to ignore it;  but you do remain registered in their system forever as a pregnant avatar in the same way as a bitten avatar remains in the Bloodlines system unless they use the garlic necklace.

Well, when you use the garlic necklace, you actively REGISTER yourself in their database as an opt out.  If you don't use it, you don't exist in the database.  Some people are under the illusion that the garlic necklace prevents getting into the Bloodlines database when it's quite the opposite.

However, being in a database itself for either of those systems (or any other for that matter) really doesn't affect you.

Glimmer Aries wrote:

So how do you avoid a bun in the oven with this system?

Now when I was younger, my mother took me aside and explained a few simple facts (actually I'm lying, the public school system did this).

It takes 5 seconds to ask a question like "Are you infected with OnDuty?" and it could save a [virtual & foetal] life and many needless seconds of concern. Just say 'no [lol, get a better manbit].' to OnDuty!

Alternatively, when he whips it out, right-click > inspect (feel free to add this to your usual checks of ensuring that he won't tear your avatarian wall with poor scale gigantism). Familiarise yourselves with the tell-tale signs of OnDuty infection, then slap his tickle and tell him to go get that looked at by a professional.

Kick that OnDuty patootie out of bed!

Freenis.jpg

This post was brought to you by Energy Drinks, and The Giggles. :)

You don't even have to be female to get pregnant from it. In my first few weeks in sl one got me pregnant, I thought everyone could see the spam it was making, Glad to know now that I didn't accept anything to get pregnant from it, I was doubting my sanity at the time.

I had to get my bloodlines clan people to help me find an abortion clinic. If it wasn't for crap like this bloodlines clans might be the scourge on sl some make them out to be. Whilst in my experience they were the support network that helped me get out of things like On Duty pregnancies and lieing dominants rlv traps that really bothered me and many others when they first join.

I have actually sat inside the OnDuty clinic surrounded by all the kit and people wearing it and have never got pregnant. I must have a very hostile environment. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

I have, however, been set on fire, chased by bees, chased by broomsticks, and surrounded by cats and pumpkins. All against my will, but all of it ended the moment I left the area.

From experience I know that people/avatars CAN set "spells" on other people, people/avatars CAN get trapped inside things, and deformed, all without anyone clicking an "ok" button anywhere. But the pregnancy thing, noooooo, not without something being accepted along the way, or a very vivid imagination.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Glimmer Aries wrote:

So how do you avoid a bun in the oven with this system?

Now when I was younger, my mother took me aside and explained a few simple facts (actually I'm lying, the public school system did this).

It takes 5 seconds to ask a question like "Are you infected with OnDuty?" and it could save a [virtual & foetal] life and many needless seconds of concern. Just say 'no [lol, get a better manbit].' to OnDuty!

Alternatively, when he whips it out, right-click > inspect (feel free to add this to your usual checks of ensuring that he won't tear your avatarian wall with poor scale gigantism). Familiarise yourselves with the tell-tale signs of OnDuty infection, then slap his tickle and tell him to go get that looked at by a professional.

Kick that OnDuty patootie out of bed!

Freenis.jpg

This post was brought to you by Energy Drinks, and The Giggles.
:)

:smileylol:

• 1 year later...

a friend just today got knocked up by an onduty **bleep** as she fell asleep and left her avatar online. so how is it possible to get her pregnant when she wasnt at keyboard to accept it. ive heard a few people say they got hit by the onduty **bleep** and nothing came up to accept or not. its a violation and sadly while most people use it correctly idiots dont they walk around trying to spam you with multiple hits.... they should always have an option where the other party can say yes or no and if they dont it defaults to no. 

has nothing to do with standards if a guy can walk around with a **bleep** and just get any female knocked up with out consent. hell you could be shopping as your favorite store and some guy comes up and uses it. then to charge to get rid of it when it was consentual is very wrong. 

a friend just today got knocked up by an onduty **bleep** as she fell asleep and left her avatar online. so how is it possible to get her pregnant when she wasnt at keyboard to accept it. ive heard a few people say they got hit by the onduty **bleep** and nothing came up to accept or not. its a violation and sadly while most people use it correctly idiots dont they walk around trying to spam you with multiple hits.... they should always have an option where the other party can say yes or no and if they dont it defaults to no. 

has nothing to do with standards if a guy can walk around with a **bleep** and just get any female knocked up with out consent. hell you could be shopping as your favorite store and some guy comes up and uses it. then to charge to get rid of it when it was consentual is very wrong. 

apparently you can get sterilized for free at the clinic and abortion is free. me i just would get everyone i know to ban anyone who has the onduty from their sims and prolly anyone associanted with the creation of it. its just wrong. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.