new SL viewer 3.03 does not rez my head..does the rest of my body, but not my head, help please

Charmed Moonites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried everything, i have cleared my cache, I have tried different skins, I have rebaked, edited appearence, and even went so far as to uninstall, and reinstall the viewer.  It isn't my computer I am running ATI 2gig ram video card. Running Windows 7, AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Processor 4CPUs, ~3.4GHz.  When I first installed it..I had no problem.  then I bought eyes off SLMarketplace...very nice eyes, put them on..then everything just blinked and suddenly I was naked and game froze.  I tried to get back on...was ghostie... nothing I did could get me to change my appearance.  I got on 3rd party viewer was able to change appearance look good...got on another Viewer to see if I could see myself..I can on 3rd party viewers...but when I try and get back on SL viewer 3.03...everything rezzes but my head.  I have had done everything listed above and can not seem to get my head to rez...anyone else having the same problem? I am no longer wearing the eyes I bought that caused the problem...is there anyone who can help me to get this viewer working??? I have unistalled..deleted the folders in app.data folder...and still I can't get my viewer to work right..please help

2 answers to this question

It's very tempting to recommend that you stick with a viewer that you already know works.  Since you seem set on using the LL V3.03, though, try a couple of things.  First go to Preferences (CTRL + P) >> Graphics >> Hardware Settings and UNcheck Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO).  That setting is supposed to speed up texture rezing, but it can have the opposite effect, especially with ATI graphics cards.  If that doesn't work ....

• Disable AI in Catalyst:
    • Right click on your desktop (or right click the ATI logo in the bottom right tray) and select Catalyst Control Center;
    • In catalyst control center go to the advanced options menu;
    • Then click on the 3D tab on the left side. Catalyst A.I. will be amongst the labels there;
    • Tick the box next to 'Disable Catalyst A.I.'

SL has a history of odd behavior with ATI graphics cards, but those two actions clear up many of the problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.