New Group Liability fees?

George Orellana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Normally group liabilities are charged on Tuesdays and only for group owned land that has show on search enabled. However today I noticed a 1L group liability charge to two groups I own. Lucky for me the only members of these groups are just my alts as they are groups I have set up for land I build on. I never pay group liabilities as I don't have any land that has show on search enabled nor do I own any mainland land so it is not tier. I am not bothered by the 1L taken from me and my alts, however is there a new charge that LL has implemented that I am unaware of? Do we now pay to have a group? Or did LL charge 1L to all its users in an effort to gain revenue? I am just wondering. :D

:o since when did they make replying to an aswer not possible? Geez LL ffs you are going from bad to worse. :D

@ Rolig, Is it bad for me to think good that it is also happening to you, that way I know I am not going crazy? :D All joking aside though I wonder how many other users were also charged $L as it is only 1L it is easy for us to miss it, and how long has this been happening?

5 answers to this question

George Orellana wrote:

Normally group liabilities are charged on Tuesdays and only for group owned land that has show on search enabled. However today I noticed a 1L group liability charge to two groups I own. Lucky for me the only members of these groups are just my alts as they are groups I have set up for land I build on. I never pay group liabilities as I don't have any land that has show on search enabled nor do I own any mainland land so it is not tier. I am not bothered by the 1L taken from me and my alts, however is there a new charge that LL has implemented that I am unaware of? Do we now pay to have a group? Or did LL charge 1L to all its users in an effort to gain revenue? I am just wondering.
:D

idk i am new to this place i dont know any thing to to can you help please ii have no idea of what im doing!:(

That is strange, George. I just checked and I am also being charged L$ for membership in two groups that have never had a liability before, and which don't own any land. Something is odd here.

ETA:  Well, nothing odd at all as it turns out.  Someone in each of the two groups had decided to put a new exhibit in search for a while, so the groups were sharing the L$30/week charge among us.  That's fine.  Glad I checked.  I hope it's something similar in your groups, George.

This is something that has happened to me more than once, phone calls where made to LL but no good explanation came forth.  I have since reasoned it is a glitch in the system.  What I did to forever correct this problem was to isolate one owner to the group that was the only person with the ability to pay group liabilities.  Alts should be put into a similar title that have all the abilities except paying group liabilities.     

It is kind of a hassle and although you are not listing in the search you have a role that is allowing for a split of liabilites among multiple alts and i believe that triggers the fee.

I hope this helps... 

George Orellana wrote:

@ Rolig, Is it bad for me to think good that it is also happening to you, that way I know I am not going crazy?
:D
All joking aside though I wonder how many other users were also charged $L as it is only 1L it is easy for us to miss it, and how long has this been happening?

Well, it's always comforting to know that you aren't crazy, George.  Personally, I can't get worked up over losing L$1.  It's about 0.4 cents, which is too small to count as more than a tiny annoyance.  STILL, there's an injustice to it, and that is annoying.  I do suspect that it's a software glitch that will vanish as mystertiously as it appeared, but that isn't a calming thought.  If I figure it out, I'll let you know.  Please do the same and post back here if you find out too.

BTW, yes, we have complained for some time about the clumsy way that an OP has to respond in Answers.  You did it the "right" way, but many don't.   What can I say?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.