Paid rent never got group invite. Landlord never on. Complain who to?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is a real unfortunate situation.  There is no complaint process for this.  $L 2000 is a substantial amount of money I can only suggest that you wait for them to contact you for additional rent and  then once you have their attention express your dissatisfaction. Although it is difficult to really enjoy the property without certain permissions try as much as possible to enjoy what is available.  It might be a good thing to start looking around for a new place as well.  

3 answers to this question

This is a real unfortunate situation.  There is no complaint process for this.  $L 2000 is a substantial amount of money I can only suggest that you wait for them to contact you for additional rent and  then once you have their attention express your dissatisfaction. Although it is difficult to really enjoy the property without certain permissions try as much as possible to enjoy what is available.  It might be a good thing to start looking around for a new place as well.  

I can make a wild guess at part of the problem. We each have an "in box" that collects any IMs, notecards, group message, group invitations, and objects that people have sent to us when we were not in world to receive them.  That "in box" holds a maximum of 25 things.  Once it is full, the system will not deliver anything else.  Extra items are not returned to the sender, and the sender is not notified.  The items simply vanish .... forever. 

Therefore ....

If you received more than 25 IMs and other items and then your landlord sent you the group invitation, it's gone.  Also, if you and other people have been sending the landlord a pile of notecards and IMs, and he has not been coming in world, HIS "in box" was probably stuffed a long time ago too  He hasn't been receiving any of your messages either.

LL isn't likely to help much here.  They can't invite you to the group, and there's probably no reord of the group invitations in the system.  They'll likely treat this as a resident-to-resident issue and do nothing.  If your landlord has his IMs forwarded to e-mail, any note you send should be forwarded even if it is not preserved in his "in box," so try sending polite notes to resolve the matter.  If his IMs aren't being forwarded, all you can do is wait until your landlord comes in world and meet face to face. It could be a long wait. <sigh>

Happily this doesn't happen THAT often. Most landlords that I have dealt with (and that is many) have been very good. If you are sending notecards and check in often enough as it appears you do, then we cannot blame it on the IM thing. Group invites DO go astray however. It happens often so that part of the information is certainly possible.

There is no recourse. I lost my money too although mine was much less. My plan since then has been to pay the minimum amount (usually weekly) just in case something goes wrong. This can be at your end also. Unforeseen situations can lead to you leaving a place you have paid for before your rent is up. Most times there are no refunds. I would keep sending notes but don't expect them to do much good. I know how frustrating this can be especially when you want to move in.

Just know that this isn't the norm, but the exception. And when you rent some place next time. IM the landlord first and see if there is a response. That will give you a clue. You should get something back from them in 24 hours. That would be my timeline anyway as a long time renter / leaser.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.