adjust camera angle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You probably mean mouselook.

I use to turn my mousewheel forward until the cam goes into Mouselook.

Depending on some settings you can enter Mouselook with M or go to the Advanced Menu - shortcuts - Mouselook.

M will only work it you didn't set to start chatting automatically when pressing character keys.

Another setting is to show your avatar in mouselook which is found in the View&Move section of Preferences (Ctrl-P)

Greets .....

Wol

6 answers to this question

You probably mean mouselook.

I use to turn my mousewheel forward until the cam goes into Mouselook.

Depending on some settings you can enter Mouselook with M or go to the Advanced Menu - shortcuts - Mouselook.

M will only work it you didn't set to start chatting automatically when pressing character keys.

Another setting is to show your avatar in mouselook which is found in the View&Move section of Preferences (Ctrl-P)

Greets .....

Wol

Hi Serendipity.

As was mentioned, pressing M will put you in mouselook. It sounds as if this is what you are asking. There are also a couple of debug settings you can tweek to change how the regular camera behaves - CameraOffsetRearView and FocusOffsetRearView. (Replace 'Rear' with 'Front' to change the front facing camera angles.) These settings lets you change the height and angle of the camera as it follows behind you when you move around SL. (Debug settings can be found in the Advanced menu, which you enable in me->preferences->Advanced.

- Luc -

If your camera is suddenly pointing straight up - or straight down - or some impossible direction, then try these:

• Press escape a few times. Pressing escape will clear focus from any windows that have focus, and finally, will reset camera position.
  • Go to Advanced → Show Debug Settings and enter “FocusOffsetRearView” 1) in the input field. Click “Reset to default” at the bottom.
  • Press Ctrl-9 - a few times even.
  • If that doesn't work, hold down Shift, then use the mouse wheel to change the camera angle.

Serendipity, I had this exact problem and know exactly what you mean. I use firestorm and this is what I did..

I opened my advance menu and went down to Show Debug Settings

Then search Camera Offset

On that list select CameraOffsetRearView

Then i just lowered Z to 0.550

Viola! Hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.