Why is much in SL so aggressive like

Linda Brynner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, WinTrain said:

Are your pixel feelings, or real life feelings hurt in any way

My RL feelings are here in this forum, and you're causing me to feel confused and like I'm being attacked...because you ARE attacking the forum in a way.

And you're being domineering, and so I feel like someone is being abusive by trying to make me experience things I don't want to experience via their domination.

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

My RL feelings are here in this forum, and you're causing me to feel confused and like I'm being attacked...because you ARE attacking the forum in a way.

And you're being domineering, and so I feel like someone is being abusive by trying to make me experience things I don't want to experience via their domination.

Very interesting. I'm sorry you feel that way. Maybe you only think for yourself tho. What if i don't want to experience some of  the current threads and you and others keeping pushing those? Hmm? Just a thought.

I found some old threads interesting, and instead of creating them myself, I rather just reply to a old thread cause it's still useful etc...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

o, you're just flooding the front page of General Discussion with 8 year old threads.

Ahh! Didn’t notice. To answer the OP, I think a better message for orbs would be the Zardoz approach. “Caution, you are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex 4.”

20 minutes ago, WinTrain said:

Maybe you only think for yourself tho.

Who else are we supposed to think for?

20 minutes ago, WinTrain said:

What if i don't want to experience some of  the current threads and you and others keeping pushing those?

People who think for themselves are generally capable of ignoring things they don't want to experience. Give it a try.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2011 at 11:18 AM, Linda Brynner said:

Hi,

I was wondering why so much in SL after all these years still is so aggressive like.

As per example:

Warning! You have entered private property, linda Brynner!
You have 10 seconds to leave the area, or else you will be automatically forced to leave.

This hard bold blunt language style we still see all around the grid. Why?

Why not like: Hi Linda Brynner. Sorry, but you have entered a private area.

Please do leave within 10 seconds to prevent you sending home.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

It seems a bit more elegant instead of thinking being in a police state LOL

On 9/27/2011 at 2:01 PM, Baloo Uriza said:

Heck, giving people a reasonable period of time to rez in and get oriented (instead of 10 seconds) would help a lot, too.  Not everyone lives in a major American city with immaculate OpenGL support on the highest end GPU with gobs of RAM staring at their screen when they teleport.  Heck, even in the US, you have people on midrange, dated machines connected by packet radio.

My friend lives in Alaska, he connects to the internet via dog sled.

56 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You're not a nice person. You're taking up too much space by opening up an excessive amount of threads. That demonstrates an intent to dominate without allowing others to participate.

Likewise, opening up necro threads repeatedly (how many by now, like 10 or so) shows you have disregard for the preferences of others (most don't like necro threads, and the rules discourage it).

So, I disagree...you are not nice.

Going for 3 in one week?

39 minutes ago, WinTrain said:

I found some old threads interesting

Indeed. 23 of them so far, in the space of one hour. That's one fascinating thread every two and a half minutes. Fast reader, huh?

40 minutes ago, WinTrain said:

instead of creating them myself, I rather just reply to a old thread

You had 23 ideas for new threads in one hour?! Gosh, you're wasted here! Go invent something.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ahh! Didn’t notice. To answer the OP, I think a better message for orbs would be the Zardoz approach. “Caution, you are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex 4.”

I think security orbs should have some sort of pulsating glowing force field. You'd never actually get close enough to be ejected, because the lag would slow everything to a crawl, and you'd tp out just to avoid crashing

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.