Compatibility Confusion

Lucky Nikitin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to determine if a particular machine will be able to run SL. Though I'm not particularly concerned by quality, as this is intended to be a secondary computer, I would like to ensure it can at least run the viewer.

Iconia-6120
Intel HM55 Chipset
Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
Details: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/acer-iconia-6120-dual/4507-3121_7-34440624.html?tag=specs 

I do appologize if this appears to be a frivilous question, but I'm simply unsure and need to be certain.

Thank you in advance!

If you are dead set on using a laptop be aware that you're likely not going to get acceptable SL performance, especially one that uses Intel integrated graphics. Most laptops, with the exception of some higher-end "gaming" models that have dedicated graphics chips, just don't have the horsepower needed to play SL, even on low settings. These forums are filled with people having major problems trying to run SL on laptops.

I'd really recommend that you look at a desktop with a dedicated graphics card if at all possible. Otherwise be prepared for a painful and frustrating SL experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.