Sign in to follow this  
SwiftXShadow

Building and linking

I made sum stuff that has alot of prims, and selecting each piece takes very long.

So is there a way to select ALOT of prims at once, like dragging a box around them or something? So i can like items faster!

How many is a lot of prims? SL will only let you link 256 prims max for a single object & anything that is (roughly) 32m from the center of the root prim will not link & you will recieve a message that they are too far apart & unable to link; with that in mind, the above suggested action will work for linking.

It's useful to click "Select only my objects" in the Tool menu before drawing round your selection of prims.

And only modifiable objects can be linked to each other. 

Hope you're successful - Emma :) 

Abbi Sorbet wrote:

How many is a lot of prims? SL will only let you link 256 prims max for a single object & anything that is (roughly)
32m from the center of the root prim will not link
& you will recieve a message that they are too far apart & unable to link; with that in mind, the above suggested action will work for linking.

I've onto checked the Link Distance since they enabled the 64m Prim Size limit.  Has anyone else checked this to see if this is still the case?

yeah the old rules were complex and a headache because the prim sizes and axis placement mattered and threw off any general way for us to calculate them.... now it's just all prim centers must be within a 54m sphere.

(there was a request to bump that up to 64m with the change in prim size, but that never happened.)