Can i get a new account name cause i dont want to delete this account and loose everything ?

AngeliqueMeleth1488303813

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I dont want to loose all the stuff that i have gotten cause 99% of it is untransferable ? I have a sl Stalker that keeps coming up with alts and i just want to change my name so I can get on with my life. And when they aren't harrassing me others are letting them buy using there avs so can I just get a new account name?

6 answers to this question

In addition to the two excellent answers here, do these things:

1) mute the stalker and all alts

2) remove yourself from every group they also belong to

3) hide any groups you join in your profile

4) if you have 'friends' who are helping this person, remove them

5) do not go to places where this stalker would find you

If you still feel harassed, make an alt for 2-3 months.  Do not friend anyone on your current friends list.  When the stalker cannot find you, they will move on.  It is unfortunate you are having this experience.  Keep filing abuse reports if you do all of these things and still are harassed.

• Like 1

You've been give the best advice in this thread already, but I cannot emphasise the MUTE/BLOCK point enough.

Do not EVER retaliate, not even to say "I am reporting you to LL" or "you are muted" or "I know who you are" or "stop stalking me".  Even the tiniest response from you will cause this unhinged person to continue to get off on harrassing you.

Second Life is a big place, full of fabulous potential friends.  Do not allow this one person to have the power to make you miserable.

I would also advise you never to delete an account for any reason, but it's very easy to create a separate "alt" account, and actually it is great to be able to log in incognito sometimes, just for peace, and it will help you get a perspective on what is happening with your main account too.

Good luck to you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.