Sign in to follow this  
Ullage

parcel full message when the parcel is not full

Question

Go to your "about land" (or land profile or whatever it says now) and look on the "Objects" tab.  That will tell you how prims are used out of out many you have available.......the difference is what you have unused and should be able to use them.  You're probably going to find you have less than 3 prims available and thats would the servers are going to use to determine if you can rezz anything more.  If that's more than what you expected or more than you "know" you have used then you're going to have to seach for the prims.  You probably already know where the prims are that you are aware of so you can more or less discount those.  It's the others that you need to find.  The first way I would start my search is to "highlight" or "show" prims that belong to Others.  I know where my prims are so I can find them easily........but if there are prims belonging to others I don't know where those are.  Highlighting "Others" will make it easier for me to find.  The second way I would search if that didn't find the unknown prims is the highlight transparencey (alt-control-t) and start a slow and tedious search starting from the ground up to 4096 meters.  The way I do that is to set my draw distance far enough that it will draw anything in my parcel if I stand in the center of it (64 meters is more than enough).  Then spin my avatar slowly looking for any prims I'm not aware of.  Raise my avatart about 10 or 20 meters and spin again.  Continue this process until I reach the 4096 meter altitude. 

I think you'll find your rouge prims.  It can be tedious but sometimes you have to just spend the time to find them.  You could always returen all prims........but that could cause you problems with coaleased objects (it is a good "last resort" though).

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Go to your "about land" (or land profile or whatever it says now) and look on the "Objects" tab.  That will tell you how prims are used out of out many you have available.......the difference is what you have unused and should be able to use them.  You're probably going to find you have less than 3 prims available and thats would the servers are going to use to determine if you can rezz anything more.  If that's more than what you expected or more than you "know" you have used then you're going to have to seach for the prims.  You probably already know where the prims are that you are aware of so you can more or less discount those.  It's the others that you need to find.  The first way I would start my search is to "highlight" or "show" prims that belong to Others.  I know where my prims are so I can find them easily........but if there are prims belonging to others I don't know where those are.  Highlighting "Others" will make it easier for me to find.  The second way I would search if that didn't find the unknown prims is the highlight transparencey (alt-control-t) and start a slow and tedious search starting from the ground up to 4096 meters.  The way I do that is to set my draw distance far enough that it will draw anything in my parcel if I stand in the center of it (64 meters is more than enough).  Then spin my avatar slowly looking for any prims I'm not aware of.  Raise my avatart about 10 or 20 meters and spin again.  Continue this process until I reach the 4096 meter altitude. 

I think you'll find your rouge prims.  It can be tedious but sometimes you have to just spend the time to find them.  You could always returen all prims........but that could cause you problems with coaleased objects (it is a good "last resort" though).

• Like 1

Hello Ullage and welcome to SL Forums. You don't need to count the prims. Just open the options of the land clicking the grey icon on the left of your adress bar (i) - see pic -  --> You see the place profile on the right --> About land --> Objects tab. See there how many prims are still available.

117.png

If you can't fix the problem this way (i guess deleting some stuff) post back here. Good luck.

• Like 1

It is possible that some prims may have been Ghosted (deleted but still being counted).

A solution for ghosted prims is to request for the Regin to be Re-started.

• Like 1

I agree with all the info given :D.  Here is a different kind of tip. If you look at your About Land tab and some of the prims do not belong to you, simply return them. If all the prims DO belong to you, then select all the prims that you want to save (the ones you are counting at present) and either take a copy -- if they are all copyable -- or TAKE them up. They will end up as a coalesced item in your inventory and could have the name of any item in the group. It would be best to practice this technic -- copying a few copyable items and then rezzing in a sandbox -- before you do your final take up.

When you have taken up your items, whatever is left on the land is stuff you don't want -- items that you purchased in boxes that went astray -- items that people left on your land -- abandoned vehicles etc. Just send all that back then then put the items you WANT back on your land.

Depending on your viewer, you may be able to right click on the coalesced object and choose "restore to previous location". That should fix it.

• Like 1

You must use the About Land function in your menu to get a count of the prims.  If you are merely looking and tallying up what you see, you'll miss the invisible prims, the hidden prims inside other things, and the skybox and all the prims in it.