which laptop best for sl?

Zola Zsun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Looking for best pc laptop suggestions for running SL.

I have a macbook pro A1226

its kind of sluggish and cannot do much at one time, altho it does run SL but not as well as i need it too.

Besides, i am more used to pcs.....

Any good suggestions? 

-----------------------------

thanks for the suggestions..

What about Alienware gaming laptops? (or are they too closely related to Dell?)

2 answers to this question

You've got to wonder why a half eaten fruit sells to so many people.

Mongolian Mega PCs of Ulan Bator can build you the 'best' laptop for SL if you pop around there.  I also believe that Cray have some "docking stations" that really speed things up, although I could be wrong about that.  Beyond that it's all a matter of price and availability: HK$60,000 will get you a killer machine but not all companies market around the world.

The 540M with 1GB RAM is fine for running SL, I'm suprised the 425 isn't even though it's not a strong card.  You will also want 4GB+ of system RAM, depending on the OS.  Almost any new machine on sale has enough CPU power for SL.

Whatever else you have though SL still won't run well if you've got a bad internet connection so make sure that's alright before spending anything on a new/upgraded machine.

• Like 1

The 540M should run SL reasonably well and better than the 425M but it's not likely to set your SL world alight. At the price range of the Acer Aspire AS380TG-6431 (around $750 I believe) however, you're probably not going to get a better graphics card. Even the MSI FX620DX-256US at $799 uses the same card but does have a better processor. If you can raise your budget, there would be more options.

If you want a top notch gaming laptop, then look at the Asus G74SX or the MSI GT683 but these cost about $1700 and $1450 respectively, both using a Core i7 2630QM Processor paired with a Nvidia GTX 560M.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.