CATFISH

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please do not post spoilers about the movie. As their website says, "Don't let anyone tell you what it is."

So, I can't even explain the movie's title. Well, I say movie. I mean documentary.

It begins as a look at a child artist whose painting videos are tearing up youtube. Then, the documentary filmmaker begins talking to her sister. From there, anything more would be a spoiler.

Right now this movie is playing on HBO. Anyone who uses virtual worlds, facebook, twitter, or other online social media really should see this film. No, I have no connection to the film or flimmakers.  I thought I was going to watch a scripted film about a child artist. :)  Boy, was I surprised.

Here is the website to check it out, and if you haven't seen the movie yet, be aware that I can't keep spoilers from being posted in this topic. Also, if you'd like to discuss the film or issues from the film please do. But try to avoid spoileriffic posts. Thanks!

Nothing in this website will spoil it for you - it's the official film site. The folders are lots of fun.  :)

CATFISH the film.

bleh..what a let down ..i saw catfish and  now there isnt any? =(

Sorry it's a southern reaction thang.. we flip out when we see catfish on a sign..nobody passes up catfish in the south!!!

more wrecks are caused by bad sign placement and lunch time specials serving catfish than anything else..it's a FACT!!

so now you are telling me there is a movie that will be in theatres all over  that will have the movie Catfish on signs?

oh this will not end well...oh no no no..not well at all..

:P

I agree fully with you, Melita. This is a movie/documentary that anyone involved with social networking sites/Second Life should watch. 

It was deeply moving in parts, and certainly very thought-provoking.

And, of course, the bottom line is, none of us really know the person behind the other screen, unless we meet them in real life, and that certainly is not often a wise thing to do. 

so we can watch this one instead of have to try to chase this stupid life 2.0 around to try and see it..

i'm not paying for some ducumentary about second life..i'll just never watch that one i guess..not unless it comes to me lol

i'm tired of trying to find it to watch it..it's not braveheart ..it's life 2.0..

it's like a garage band charging concert prices to see their stuff..not gonna happen here lol i'll by some music or something first hehehe

if we can watch this one  then i'll watch it for sure hehehe

there seems to be a big trend of these things..life 2.0 will be old news soon anyways and a zillion others will be around ..

sorry..i'm just a little pissy that the site only shows after it has been viewed instead of when it will be..i'm not playing the life 2.0 game..

now catfish..that sounds more like something i could sink my teeth into hehehehe

Honestly, the Catfish movie/docu is well worth watching. When I read the description of it, I actually expected it to be totally different to what it turned out to be.

And Catfish is very different to Life 2.0.

Catfish doesn't leave you with that feeling of being judged for choosing to be a follower of Facebook or a user of any of the social websites.

Life 2.0, on the other hand, even just the clip of it, seems to show SL in a really poor light. And it just doesn't have to be that way.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Honestly, the Catfish movie/docu is well worth watching. When I read the description of it, I actually expected it to be totally different to what it turned out to be.

And Catfish is very different to Life 2.0.

Catfish doesn't leave you with that feeling of being judged for choosing to be a follower of Facebook or a user of any of the social websites.

Life 2.0, on the other hand, even just the clip of it, seems to show SL in a really poor light. And it just doesn't have to be that way.

i'll be watchign this oen..i'm not gonna watch life two point oh

if they want me to watch it they will have to bring their drama to me lol

some people let their sl's own them and then make movies..

some have had good second lives and make better movies hehehehe

plus the title Catfish just has the kind of goodness that will draw me in.. Nom NOM!!! \o/

hehehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.