why is it so dark i can't see anything

leenalee535

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Please post your computer specifications including details of your graphics card and driver. Use Options > Edit on the right of your post to do this. It's most likely your graphics card causing this. It may be you need to update your graphics card driver or perhaps your card is overheating badly and simply incapable of drawing the screen. Also, how much RAM is on your graphics card?

While you may have a complete black and empty screen and hence bigger problems, it sounds like from your post that you might have entered the world in the middle of the night. SL naturally changes times of day. It used to have 2 hours or night and 4 hours of day, but I never use the default sun cycle any longer so not sure it that still holds true.

If you are in the official viewer (on the main download page) and just logged in, you are probably in BASIC mode which may not even let you change your day cycle (not sure on that). So when you try logging in next time, change from BASIC to ADVANCED mode in the menu choice down by your log in info. Then you will have a toolbar. In "my" viewer you change the time of day using "World > Sun Position". So look for something that says Midday, Sunset, Sunrise.

If you can't figure that out, just stay on line for awhile or log in a few more times and you will likely get to a daylight hour of SL :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.