Sign in to follow this  
mmacdonald

new purchases to inventory not delivered

Hello all

I am having lots of trouble with viewer 3, also tried firestorm to no avail. I have bought a few items on the marketplace, and they say they have been delivered, yet I have received none. I cannot contact the seller because in world SL is not letting me create and save a notecard to send to them. SL is also not letting me teleport and crashes often. I am on a new macbook pro.

Is there something that might be blocking deliveries to my avatar??? Thank you!

Unless you have the marketplace or an object called "magic box" muted, no, there's nothing that should be blocking deliveries. This is an EXTREMELY common problem with the marketplace, so rest assured, it's not just you. It's best to be inworld when making marketplace purchases, and to only buy a few items at a time rather than filling your cart with the full 10 allowed. Whenn possible (although you said you're have problems inworld) you might try getting the store SLURL from the marketplace and teleporting to the store, and purchasing the item there. The marketplace just doesn't deliver things, for some reason.

As for the notecard, teleporting, and crashing problems, I have no idea. The notecard one was mentioned not that long ago, I think, but I can't remember the post right now.

ETA: Here's a link to a thread about the notecard issue. The OP said the solution mentioned worked for her, so it might be worth a shot. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Cannot-save-Notecard/m-p/1095367/highlight/true#M2171

ETA 2: Since Firestorm and the default viewer both use V2 code, you might try Phoenix or another TPV based on V1 code. Just to see if anything changes. Also, did you download the mesh-enabled version of Firestorm? If so, you may want to give the non-mesh enabled version a shot, since the Firestorm team typically cleans up after LL's messes, but has admitted that they didn't have time to do so with the mesh enabled Firestorm, so it's still rather buggy.