Sign in to follow this  
Jo Yardley

CNN IReport about 1920s Berlin

Very nice article. From personal visits I have to agree, people there are friendly, even to animal avis like me (I used a dog avi back then, and at later visits a cat avi). Prevents me from having to talk to strangers, too ~g~

Also, the attention to detail is indeed noticeable. I can only recommend visiting, it's a lovely place. And for people short on cash there at least used to be some freebie period-accurate clothes.

Thank you very much!

Realistic animals are more then welcome to Berlin, I think I remember a cat, dog and even rat avatar visiting.

Lots of fun.

We have a great dog visiting us almost daily now who is much liked although (of course) he hasn't said a word :)

Yes we still have free clothes and are working on free children's clothes as well.

Kudos to you Jo for a fantastic job in preserving this small piece of world history.  I was very happy to read such a positive write-up on SL.

PS I did take the opportunity to send the author an email to correct his misspelling of Linden *Labs*.  Oh well, I could not help myself.  

Wow, what a wonderful report.  Thank you for sharing, Jo.  I was unaware there is a CNN iReporter who has been wandering the grid in search of stories.  Congratulations on a well-deserved review.

The 100K includes the Tier but also many extra costs, website, music stream, etc, etc.

If you run a busy community like ours there are always extra costs popping up all over the place.

Mind you... wouldn't mind a nice Tier reduction.... ;)

What were you on vacation or something?  Maybe you were assigned to weather or community service, but it is about time they gave you the "big" assignment.  Don't you think? I think the headline should read: "Jo and Co. ROCKS SL with historic perfection." 

no Nazi behavior. 
(Too bad the original Weimar Republic wasn’t like this, would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.)

Did anyone else just love that!:matte-motes-big-grin:

Clearly one of the best thought out and executed sims in SL. It is nice to see it get the attention it deserves. This should be a required in-world vist for every LL developer.