SL won't let me buy Lindens, could it be my 'Limit'?

emmatrue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, this is my first forum post so bear with me, haha. Anyways, yesterday I tried buying Lindens with no avail, and I figured it might've been a glitch so I waited until today. I've tried again today twice in world, and then once on the website. On the website, I got errors like 

• Could not charge account.
  • The system encountered an error while processing your order, please try again.
  • We were unable to fulfill your Linden Dollar order. Your payment either failed or took too long to complete. If your payment completes, the amount will be placed on your USD account balance. This balance will be used automatically the next time you attempt a purchase.

I've been overspending on Lindens lately, (my credit card is fine) could it be my 'limit'? I'm not sure how it really works, i'm 4 months old in sl so does it still apply? Or could someone just explain it better ._.

If my skybox rent wasn't due soon, i'd just leave it be for a while. Thanks for any help you're able to give.

Hello emmatrue and welcome to SL Forums. Hmm not sure. Your trading limit starts when you buy for first time lindens and  it get increased automatically till it reaches the level 1 (2500 us dollars / month). After that depends of your activity. Please have a look: https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php?

Clear your browser's cache and maybe try another browser.

If the problem remains contact the Billing Support   If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

Alternatively if you urgently need to buy lindens you can use one of the acceptable Third-Party Exchanges:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_Marketplace

If you're afraid it might be your limit, you can submit a ticket with LL asking them to raise your limit. If they haven't had a problem with your payment before, they shouldn't have a problem raising your limit for you. Just let them know how much you want it raised - a minimum. I did this when I first starting buying $L, and they raised it in less than 24 hours, by over $100 more than I requested. They may leave a bunch of other tickets waiting forever, but they seem to take requests like that seriously, at least, since it means you're spending more money!

I had more or less the same prob a couple of months ago. LL was very fast about answering this one and i have a basic account lol (24 hours)

this worked for me :

> I have been seeing errors like this over the past several days for PayPal.

> The only other thing that I can suggest is to delete all payment information
> from your account, clear your browser cache and then reenter your information.

>  Wait for 30 minutes and then try to purchase some lindens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.