i own a splash match fishing and was wondering how if there is any how to spot cheaters

royb232

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

I agree completely with Peter, although I too have never heard of Splash Match Fishing. If other members of your fishing group (team? squadron?) don't know, you could try asking people in other sporting groups.  Many of them have devised ways to detect and prevent cheating in their sports.

Hi, I own the match fishing too and Im getting complaints its being hacked but i just cant see how since its all no mod, no scripts can be added or removed. I think the trick is in the bait and tackle changes, if you change them in a particular order you can get bigger fish. If anyone has any info at all I would appreciate it. For those who do not know, Match fishing is a fishing game in SL.

To answer the original poster, Yes people are cheating Match fishing. The most common way is by use of Macro Mice. This is a program that allows for a series of keystrokes and effectively dials the timing in perfectly allowing for consistent high weights. SL currently has 0 detection tools available as they have made it so the dis honest are now more protected than the honest. With that said...Click pattern and frequency, bot-like mouse movements, player interaction, anti-random attempts, afk/away status, are probably the more common methods of detection.

*Edit* This method may take out some actual people but they would be the rude ones that never speak or interact etc. So that is a personal call as to it being a loss or not*

Edited by drstoney
added info

15 minutes ago, drstoney said:

Lmao saw the date after too, however this is still an ongoing issue and sadly after all this time still 0 detection tools but forum posts on how to make them so you can cheat.... 

Such as yours? You even named a good macro programm....counteractive to your purpose isn't it?

On 3/16/2018 at 2:37 PM, drstoney said:

To answer the original poster, Yes people are cheating Match fishing. The most common way is by use of Macro Mice. This is a program that allows for a series of keystrokes and effectively dials the timing in perfectly allowing for consistent high weights. SL currently has 0 detection tools available as they have made it so the dis honest are now more protected than the honest. With that said...Click pattern and frequency, bot-like mouse movements, player interaction, anti-random attempts, afk/away status, are probably the more common methods of detection.

*Edit* This method may take out some actual people but they would be the rude ones that never speak or interact etc. So that is a personal call as to it being a loss or not*

I named the script/program/device, however you wish to label them, that is currently heavily in use to cheat but i certainly see no  pro cheating forum posts listed therefore your reply seems a little invalid @Syn Anatine , now it seems to me if Linden Labs actually cared about Fairness and Honesty for all they would address this instead of Torley teaching it

Erm,... I think Torley isn't teaching it to be used to cheat at games. There are legit uses for scripted agents, SL is not only about traffic generating games (which might be considered cheating by some other residents as well)

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 11:02 AM, drstoney said:

...  seems to me if Linden Labs actually cared about Fairness and Honesty for all they would address this ...

Maybe you could explain to the Lab how to solve the problem?

To play in SL your computer has to send instructions. Most people can press a key every 50+/- milliseconds and some a bit less. It isn't hard to write macros that imitate human typing and even add in some randomness. How does one distinguish between a human and and a program made to imitate a human? Ever hear of the Turing Test?

SL gestures and RLV items send streams of characters and commands. How does one tell if the avatar is in a game or club and control whether gestures are acceptable?

Have you had to deal with the Lindens language filters in the forums and marketplace? Those of us that do know how poorly and annoyingly that works. Similar attempts at control in games would just increase the frustration of players.

At the user group meetings we often hear the Lindens complain about the amount of time spent fighting griefers and cyber attacks. There isn't a lack of trying on the part of the Lab.

19 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

To play in SL your computer has to send instructions. Most people can press a key every 50+/- milliseconds and some a bit less. It isn't hard to write macros that imitate human typing and even add in some randomness. How does one distinguish between a human and and a program made to imitate a human? Ever hear of the Turing Test?

Cat-Like Typing Detected!

catliketyping.jpeg.bbb61023bef252817b81057f9db3d298.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.