2011 Halloween Haunted House Directory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you created Haunted House for Halloween?  Do you know of a Haunted House that is worth visiting?

Lets create a directory exculsive to 2011 Halloween Haunted Houses and Halloween themed Sims.  Please post details with an image (optional) and a map link to the location.

In Addtion to this thread, I have created a Haunted House Portal in game where I have complied a list of Haunted Attracted Attractions you can visit with direct Teleports to the locations. 

Go To: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Solbim/58/209/47

HalloweenPortal.png

So send me (in game) a full perm Logo texture and the landmark to the location and I will add it to the teleport boards. 

PLESE NOTE: This thread is not to be used for retail sales, Hunts, or events of any kind. 

The Haunted Manor is my first attempt at a Haunted House in SL.  It is not a private Sim but  It's a large lot with several areas of interest to explore.  

The Manor itself has a basement, main floor, second floor, and an attic. You can even climb up onto the roof.  There is a back door exit from the kitchen on the main floor leading out to the rear exterior where one can find a small graveyard and haunted pool.  

There are also many interactive elements to be touched, bumped into, walked on, and sat upon. So explore everything. DO NOT CAMERA VIEW otherwise you won't trigger any of the effects!

Of course a Midnight Sun Setting is recommended and one should remove as many scripted attachments as possible in order to improve performance. 

So come on down and let me know what you think and have a Safe and Spooky Halloween!

See you there!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Solbim/122/246/55

The Haunted Manor

I visited Scared To Death! Halloween Haunted House Ride today and enjoyed it.

One sits in a pumpkin car that follows a path through many theme rooms. It is a fairly long ride lasting several minutes but some of the rooms are rather boring.  But a lot of work went into this Halloween attraction and it is definitely worth the visit!

3 out of 5 Pumpkins

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pan%20Ho/244/63/208

HalloweenHauntedHouseRide.png

The Halloween Sim is basically a Mall decorated in a Halloween Theme to showcase their Halloween retail items.  While visually interesting, the designers missed out on the use of ambient sound effects which leaves one with an incomplete feeling while walking about.

They have a "Cave of Doom" to explore which is a maze with some lame animations and alphas that are triggered and again, painfully missing ambient sound effects! Not worth the time.

Then there is the in store Haunted House Hunt where one walks though another maze of sorts searching for several pairs their boots.  All were free except one box that had a 5L charge (??? Oversight perhaps).  This maze at least presents much better visuals in a surreal format but once more the designers failed to use ambient sounds.

Worth a visit and you may find a fun Halloween item or two to buy but not much of a Haunted Attraction.

1 out of 5 Pumpkins

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Halloween/128/169/22

Halloween Mall

This is a Halloween complex with 4 main areas to explore. They are a Graveyard , A Spook House Ride, A carnival area, and a Haunted House.

The graveyard includes an old chirch ruin but there is no dressing to it so don't expect anything to happen while ascending the multiple levels.  The graveyard itself is cluttered with cheesy emitter effects 

The carnival consists of a ride, a clown tent and a few interactive stalls that charges you Lindens to play them. *raises an eyebrow 

The Spook House Ride would of been better had the cars actually rez'd so I walked thru.  Some of the diaramas are done quite well and overall it was ok but really short.

The Haunted House is large with many rooms and many doors that open without any sound - really?? What's Haunted House without squeeky doors!?

And there is a little strip mall with nothing very exciting in it.

Some thought and effort was put into this presentation and it is worth a visit but could be a lot better with a few changes.

2 out of 5 Pumpkins

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nuggy/78/62/503

HalloweenSim.png

At DarkDharma Haunted Manor "Hell Season",a strange wind moans eerily through the trees as you journey into dark regions and notice some things that are not easily explained. Strange apparitions, foul smells, horrific sounds and rumors of ghastly happenings in the dark bowels of the building. What IS that screaming below and what IS that lurking in the attic? In existence since 2006, but renovated and updated this season with an entire new area, new and updated items, and a new freebie hunt, the house has four levels which are packed with SPOOKY! Also featuring DarkDharma's Halloween avatars! Enter this highly interactive Haunted Manor if you dare and discover its secrets--Open ALL YEAR!

TP toDarkDharma Haunted Manor

darkdharma haunted manor.jpg

haunted teaparty.jpg

doorway to spider hell.jpg

spider hell.jpg

Hell House Search Poster.jpg

Hell House is a unique, adults-only attraction inspired by the terrifying  novel of the same name by Richard Matheson,  a book Stephen King called "the scariest haunted house novel ever written". (And he should KNOW, right?)

This one-of-a-kind, darkly erotic walk-through attraction has five floors and 20 rooms jam-packed with frightful apparitions and surprising illusions. 

But despite it being quite haunted, there is also much richly decadent beauty to be found within the walls of the Belasco House (the proper name of this very improper place) as well as disturbingly hideous imagery. For this mansion, built in 1919 by the infamous Emeric Belasco, is no typically crumbling pile, but rather an opulent Gilded Age showplace which gradually became a private hell which even the Marquis DeSade would have been proud to call home!

And to bring this nightmare to life, a super-talented team of SL builders/scripters/artists worked together closely for 8 months, making this create-your-own-adventure, fully interactive experience a very creepy reality. But pleased be warned:  Hell House is decidedly NOT for the faint of heart or those offended by violent or sexually explicit imagery.

So, having said all that, welcome to  the Mount Everest of Haunted Houses... And be sure to bring your courage -- you'll NEED it!

Belasco House Grand Staircase.jpg

Belasco House Grand Interior Vista.jpg

This is not a haunted house. I will make one of those if I have time (although it's not a huge priority since there already are many of better quality.)  I might also make a Halloween carnival.

For now, though, I am showing Halloween horror films in 2 locations.  (Actually other locations. But I digress.)

1. Uptown Cinema 

On G rated land. Comfy theater seating inside the cinema. Fully stocked concession stand outside. Arcade games on the other side, outside.

For Halloween: One new horror film each week throughout October. This week: Carnival of Souls. The film will change every Monday. (Next Monday, a different one.) The films are all royalty free cinema classics. 

UPTOWN CINEMA - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Krypto/13/238/73

Uptown Cinema Halloween SL sm.png

2. Movies in the Park

Outdoor seating. Watch the Vampire (glowing red eye) meeroos play. Just like (real life) old fashioned movies in the park. A different movie each week on an outdoor screen. G rated land. 

This week: Little Shop of Horrors (The 1962 original by Roger Corman.)

MOVIES IN THE PARK - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hippoden/34/183/26

Movies in the Park SL.png

Just turn your Video Media on to see the movies. It's all free. Enjoy! And Happy Halloween!

I am not posting reviews any more, instead I just provide direct TPs from my Haunted House Portal in game but if people want to review what others have created, why not? Its no different than movie reviews and we all have different tastes but they still write them!

Most haunted attractions in game will have a retail element in them or close by so as long as its a Halloween Theme - send me a Landmark and a full perm logo texture and I will add it to my TP boards **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

• 11 months later...

This sim is based on some of the best movies of all time         

There are 5 floors to the house make sure you check out all the rooms     

Please for your own fun do not use a fly override..don't run..take your time
                                         and  look at everything... no need to adjust your sky to night,
                                         if the sim is showing night time go ahead and turn back to day 

Haunted Hill  (NOW OPEN!), Appalachian (205, 178, 3001) -                                                                                                                        

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
                                                                           FROM SHEENA & ROGUE

Haunted Hill_001.jpg

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.