Can you search by "Recipient"?

Lanas Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Occasionally I get questions or requests from folks who have one of my creations like "I never received the delivery" or "Opps, I broke something, may I have another please (No Trans items of course)".  I'm completely willing to help but once in a while I'll have trouble finding their transaction because they were the 'recipient' of the item as a gift.  Any clues or suggestions for some simple searching specifically by recipient?

(I'm fully prepared for the disappointment of finding out it's impossible because I think I've heard hints of that problem in other threads but I'm optimistically asking the professionals in the audience... Fingers crossed)

Lanas

I download all my inworld and marketplace transactions every month as an excel sheet and save them on my system.  With Excel you can sort anyway you want.  Note that inworld sales are kept only 30 days so for 31 day months you need to save 2x that month to capture the extra bit.  For inworld sales you do this via your tansaction history and for the marketplace it is Reports then transactions,orders or sales forget which but you will find it : )

Thanks Lyra... I was hoping that wasn't the answer simply because of the 30 day monkey business.  Obviously if its that important to me I should be doing the footwork, but I do try to keep the shop housekeeping chores to a minimum.

Now if there were a simple answer to fix my Marketplace chores laziness I'd be up for any suggestions in that critical department as well.  If there's a Linden listening please add recipient search to transactions or give us a year or two of the searchable sales :)... pretty please?

Is it more likely that LL will fix it or that I'll get over my chore laziness?

Thanks again,

Lanas

Like Lyra, I download my transactions from the dashboard and the MP CSV every month and compile a "master" spreadsheet by month that is easily searchable. For quick searches, I always keep the confirmation email (it contains both the sender and recipient names) and search my email for the name. 9 times out of 10, it gives me the info I need for a redelivery. Unfortunately, since the deploy of Sept 13, the emails have been "intermittent" and unreliable, so I'm downloading the CSV much more frequently to keep track.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.