Sign in to follow this  
74Theo74

looking to purchase a skyland parcel

Skyland?

You want to rezz a skybox on your land?  You can do that on any parcel, you buy the land on the ground & you own it up to 4096m. Imagine a land parcel as a big tall box and you own all the space inside it, so you can put your skybox at any height up to 4096m.

they mean land in the sky where you can put your own home down.they are more private and a lot cheaper.

To OP: If you IM me I will share some of the skyland rental office LM's I have and maybe you will find what you're looking for.

There is no such thing as 'skyland', and anyone that tells you different is trying to sell you snakeoil.

All land extends from the ground, way, way up (4096m), and you can place objects at any altitude from ground level on up, with the prims available being what the parcel supports.

That said, there are plenty of places that rent prebuilt 'skyhomes' i.e. builds placed at altitude away from the ground for privacy, others that rent land with restrictions that may only allow builds in the sky.

If you have any questions Theo you can IM me inworld and I can walk you through it .. but again do not fall for anyone that is 'selling' skyland ... land is land.

AdaHendrix wrote:

they mean land in the sky where you can put your own home down.they are more private and a lot cheaper.

If you are talking of renting a deck in the sky that you can put your house on & the price is very cheap, then I would check that it is not someone that has multiple decks at different heights on the same plot, because you may find that is the reason it is so cheap & you will not have things like your own media streams & access lists or very easy prim management.

if you need a skybox there are plenty of them in the sim where i rent.....find me in world if you like. been living there for ages. amazing guy the one who rents them!!!!