Slow delivery of products from Marketplace

Grace Cuthbertsson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else been experiencing extremely slow delivery of items from Marketplace tonight? I have purchased several items, and I have to log out of SL and then log back in to receive each item. The last item that was in my cart still has not been delivered and I have relogged twice. I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it is an SL-wide thing. thanks.

Marketplace wrote:

1 item has not yet been delivered

This item is queued for delivery. Merchants cannot redeliver the item at this time, and have not been paid. If the item is not delivered within 8 hours after purchase, you will automatically receive a refund to your account. If you make a purchase while the transaction is in progress, the refund credit may be applied to your next order.

OMG I am so tired of this almost every time I have purchased something over the course of the last month. Probably 95% of my purchases fail in this manner and about 20% of those never do deliver before money is refunded

grrr

I am currently having the same problem, only a six hour delay as yet, but the into on the website is that the item has been delivered, which is just not true. A free item, ordered at the same time, was delivered almost instantly. It looks as though free items have a different series of click-throughs. It might mean the failure is associated with the payment process, might be coincidence.

If it doesn't arrive, and there's no refund, I suppose I shall have to raise a support ticket. Should there really be a special message if the item has not yet been delivered? 

As a merchant I can categorically say that since the last update the delivery of products based upon the lapse in time i get from a notification that something has been ordered to the time it shows on the web site as Delivered is much longer. This seems to be yet another problem caused by the "update". Customers seem to be waiting between 30-60 minutes for a product whereas before it was within 5 minutes or less.

I can only assume this has to do with the update and they say they are trying to fix these problems. With updates like this, well.. the rest of that statement is kind of cliche. 

Let us hope they fix this within a couple of days.

WolfBaginski Bearsfoot wrote:

Just checked the FAQ. They say 24 hours in that, and then you should request redelivery from the Merchant. There's no mention of automatic refunds. At least I'm Premium. If you're not, I'm not sure there's any useful way to contact the lab. Maybe the only way tp get their attention is to AR Marketplace Linden

When you purchase  a product, on your Orders page it shows the status and references the 8 hours and the automatic refund.  That's the case for MP failure.  In the instance of a non delivery where MP has it logged as a successful delivery, then 24 hours to contact the merchant as per the faq although if the merchant agrees that it has been paid, there's no need to wait 24 hours.

Issues here might be users messages capped, delivered while offline so the offer of inventory from the magic box is lost.

There IS an easy way to contact LL over this, it's called "Opening a case" and there's a category for MP issues and support do respond.

As for filing an AR against Marketplace Linden, no point since Marketplace Linden no longer is used as the escrow account.  Try Commerce Linden.

hi , I am so sick of the delayed deliveries of the new Marketplace

if you need an item, get it in world, and 8 h waiting is rediculous, anway if it is not delivered within 2h you won't get it anyway, so what is this 8h about ? Linden Lab working with out Lindens ? in RL I would think this taking money, and then refund later

common practice at banks though

PLEASE YOU LINDENS PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE DELIVERY TIMES !

• 2 months later...
  • 11 years later...

I have been having same issue.  It is VERY frustrating and just started happening recently.  Usually I get it if I relog, BUT that is very inconvenient.  When we buy from MP we are spending money, the item always delivered instantly and there should be NO REASON this isn't the case anymore.  We buy from MP mainly because we want the item at that moment not 24 hours later. This is a NEW issue so they need to PLEASE fix this..  NEW MP?  WHY?  the old one worked better. Don't fix what isn't broken..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.