Why are no payment on file accounts allowed to initiate a full sim purchase?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So tell me how an anonymous account can start a sim purchase from another member without payment info? That is not safe for us paying members and sim owners.

Due to an anonymous account being allowed to initiate a full sim purchase with no intentions of buying the sim, my account was effected and I had to go through a lot of unnecessary time trying to cover a tier on an empty sim that was 2 weeks in waiting on 3rd party responses.. We can not upload MESH without a payment on file we shouldn't be able to begin a land purchase without one too. I was here when no payment on file was introduced to Second Life and it has been nothing but an easy way for griefers to get to you.

I think this should strongly be looked into by Linden Lab.

I suspect the reason is, a Resident can add payment info at the time of purchase. If the buyer's payment information is not approved for any reason, the transfer will be cancelled. Both Parties involved must submit tickets to initiate the process. A Region owner would have to actively engage and communicate with the Buyer and LL. The Region Owner has the final say.

It is fair to mention that even a PIOF is capable of having a payment process denied.

There is a Mesh forum, I'm still having fun with regular prims. Best guess on the requirements would be, they are still testing it and they don't want everybody and his brother uploading unknowns from unknowns just yet. Just guessing

It is a shame that your time was wasted, people will do that. I agree that LL should look into this. I would consider charging a non-refundable processing fee to the buyer.

I would expect a substantial payment in advance from any purchaser that didn`t have PIOF so that they are bound by the deal & if they back out you have your tier fee covered.

I have seen others burned like you, where both parties submit tickets and everything just gets delayed until the purchaser gets their account sorted out, while the vendor can`t do anything about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.