PLS HELP! My Avatar is stuck in limbo and can not log in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5pm SLT (September 20, 2011) is the last time I was online.The next morning (this morning - GMT) when I woke up, I went on it and suddenly couldnt get all the way in. I tried and my avatar stopped loading after attempting to connect with the region.At first it would crash without attempting to load my inventory, but now it crashes just as it finishes without loading the world.

I was advised to go to a script free sim Vanillafind to relog with my avatar set back to default.  It was successful. I also cleared history as recommended.

I relogged to see if it was permanently solved, but it wasnt. I could not rez the world. All I saw was still blue (as though at the edge of the sim underwater at 10,10,10). I then cleared my cache and relogged successfully and waited 30 minutes as my inventory loaded completely.

THEN I relogged again to see if this time it was fixed. I can not get back in now :(.

This is happening with all viewers I use (Viewer 2, Phoenix and Firestorm) and cache was manually cleared for all of them.

However, using another avatar's login on my computer is successful. It is just happening for one and I have no idea why as it was just less than 22 hours ago when I was happily online.

What do I do?

You have run afoul of the <10,10,10> error, a known bug.  There is an open issue in the Phoenix JIRA about this, although it affects all viewers.  See http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/PHOE-2548 for a description and a list of known solutions.  If you have new information that might help developers figure out how to solve the bug, please add them to that JIRA.

many call it ghosting. normaly happenens while crossing a sim line.  your online but also loged out.  stuck between worlds:)

fast fix.  get a friend or an alt to contact the sim owner, " need a sim reset", it will cause you to kick out of it. and then you will be able to  resume your travels.

to be curtain, have someone  locate where you were last. they will see your yellow marker in the mini map.  what they will find is an unrezzed you. a poof (cloud)... short of it.  get the sim owner to do  a restart.... 

That's a little different from the OP's problem, unless you too are having the <10,10,10,> underwater experience.  If you're hanging up at the "Connecting to Region"  step, here's LL's standard answer (which is usually pretty decent advice) .....

The "Waiting for Region Handshake" message occurs when the Second Life Viewer does not receive an acknowledgement from the server.  The usual cause of this error is a firewall blocking UDP packets. Reconfigure your firewall to resolve this problem.

For information on how to configure firewalls, see:

Hello
Thanks for your response.

I'm very confused now having read that other forum you sent.
The final entry was:

Swiftly Streeter added a comment - Aug 01, 09:47 PM +0200
My issue has been resolved. I found the derendering problem yesterday, 7/31 and reported it to Norton Burns. When I removed the derendering in Phoenix, my alts 10,10,10 problem went away. I didn't try derendering myself, as it was the alt who had the 10,10,10 problem, and the alt had been derendered by me. Easily duplicated, and the exact same pieces of clothing are sitting at the zero point of the sim each time I "give" an alt the bug.

How do I remove "derendering" for my avatar/viewer? Is that what they are saying the solution is? It's not clear what fix I should do to get it solved. The post suggests something in my inventory is corrupt? How do I figure out what that is? Will this keep happening even if I ditch Phoenix to use just Viewer 2 after I have cleared my cache again?

Do you know if it will keep happening even if I discontinue using Phoenix to use just Viewer 2 after I have cleared my cache again JUST so I can get online!?

I'm not sure if I'm following this as I should. I am not the most technical person even though I do understand some things.

Please could you outline the steps I should take to fix it if you know.

Many thanks.
mslabelle Mistwallow

The 10,10,10 thing is just another inidcation that you are not yet correctly logged in. If you could see behind the login screen while it is is black & loading, you would see that we are all logged in at 10,10,10 & once you are correctly connected to your true location the login screen vanishes and you see yourself in the right place. Your login screen is vanishing before that has happened &  you are still trying to get connected to the region.

It could be a connection issue with your computer or something lagging your avatar, such as too many active gestures, some dodgy attachments that you are wearing, possibly a group tag that has got corrupted. Since you can get in ok on other avatars, in your case it doesn`t sound like your computer connection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.