Is there a place to compare your sales to others

Cori Sabena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There isn't as LL doesn't provide those kinds of statistics.

You'll also find here that a lot of people exaggerate their sales one way or another, depending on the type of response they're looking for from their audience.

I don't think that posting your data will help you much as it's unlikely anyone will respond but will give lots of people here an opportunity to be nosey.

Like the rest of us you need to use a more heuristic approach and accept that you'll never know for sure.

I doubt you'll get many Merchants sharing their financials here. That's pretty confidential info. I've found that you'll learn who's who in your particular segment of the market with time. But really, best thing to do is set your own goals and keep trying to meet or exceed your own objectives. A web search of Second Life Economic Metrics will pull up some info (dated and not sure of reliability) if you want to see some info at a more global level.

Here's my sales summary:

Every time they "fix" something, my sales initially continue OK in spite of numerous new problems.

Then about a week later (now, for example) I see a huge slump from which I am gradually able to recover.

Then, just as I am seeing sustained record sales, they "fix" something else.

What else would you need to know?

and it wasn't meant that way at all either.  One of the things I used to like about Apez was that it also gave the metrics for bank volume gridwide through Apez that day, volume of sales both in L$ and number of items in SL gridwide for that day.

I could compare an upturn or downturn in what I saw as a percentage of the activity across all merchants in SL also using Apez.  I miss that.

However, my point stands, those who operate and sell vending solutions which have a hosted database, have all the data of the merchants using them.  That's a pretty powerful opportunity for data mining in order to product anonymised statistics of trends across categories and size of operation for example.

So my point and suggestion stands.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.