Items NOT Delivered

iOthman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's probably not a scam, SL Marketplace is buggy since the latest release (I'm sure there's other posts mimicking your problems) and many deliveries are failing or taking up to 2-3 days to complete.

If you haven't received a failure message yet you may want to keep waiting.

Merchants are possibly overloaded with dealing with each enquiry, and not everyone is able to log in every day.

Good luck!

Editted to Add: It looks like the creator is responding to redeliveries to other failed products (I checked his my.secondlife.com profile), so you may want to try posting on his feed or sending him a notecard.

Hi iOthman, looking at the merchant's profile, he asks for a notecard to be sent to him for help. So, if you are im'ing him, perhaps he's not seeing the messages for some reason. Try a notecard with the transaction info (if you haven't already). There have been quite a few issues with delivery (more than usual) lately, so he may have this issue with other customers as well. 

If you don't hear from him, try sending a support ticket to see if LL can help you.

What you bought is not clothes, it's a full avatar (including shape, skin, hair, eyes and clothes). If you are searching in your clothing folder, you won't find it. Look in your objects folder and also do a search by name "joe". Your purchase will be boxed and you will have to open it and drag its content to your inventory then wear each item by clicking-right "wear".

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

If there was really a delivery failure, you may send another (polite) notecard/IM to the merchant. Your item comes from a well established store on the MP and I don't believe you are being scammed. Be patient, merchants are not necessarily online everyday.

As a last resort, if you don't get a reply, you may file a support case > marketplace issue. Give details and transaction numbers to get help from LL

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

I see that you wasted no time in posting a negative rating on that product though failed deliveries don't warrant a bad ratings, you've never seen the product...lol  :D

Yes, 4 days is excessive but not out of the norm.  Not everyone checks in every day and things in life happen.  

However, I would open an AR with LL as that is too long in my opinion. If you are running a business and cannot attend to it, then you need to find someone who can help.  You can also get SL on smartphones now which is how I manage a lot of my support.

I bought an item and did not get it.  I hung around in front of the vendor for 30 minutes and still did not get it.   I sent a Im to the builder and after about 4 weeks got the item totally frogot I never got it! 

Be patient.  This is not RL even if some take it to seriously.

SL can be laggy.  You magic box might be buisy or the sim laggy or shutting down.   If you TP before you get it you will not get it, I did that once. 

I have never put a negative comment on a vendor, even if I did not like it.   Some do not log on SL much so it takes time for them to get back. Also IM's get lost.  Send a note they will get that, Usually.  

I know items come boxed, and they are not in my inventory. Also, ofc I have the right to leave Negative review because customer service sucks, if you list and sell stuff on SL then you need to be there to answer customer inquiries, if you are on vacation or busy in rl life then it's better just temporary close your store. Right now he has my money and I don't have the products. I don't care if he is busy, he needs to deal with his sales, not just collect payment and ignore customers.

And why isn't SL automatically block payment for undelivered items? I mean they have a way to verify if items are actually in your inventory, I don't see why they don't implement a block payment system until the products actually show up in my folders.

It is not "probably not" a scam.  It's definately not a scam.  It is impossible for a merchant to cause the described problem.  It's a market place glitch, and it's impossible for merchants to eliminate these (it's on LL's end of things).

"And why isn't SL automatically block payment for undelivered items? I mean they have a way to verify if items are actually in your inventory, I don't see why they don't implement a block payment system until the products actually show up in my folders."

The item is not "undelivered" according to SL/LL.  It is SL/LL that provides the transaction history that indicates the item has been delivered.  Money is not released to the merchant until SL/LL (the marketplace) "believes" it the item has been sent to buyer.  Delivered is a bit of a misnomer.  The marketplace does not even attempt to "observe" delivery so it would have been more accurate to use the word "dispatched" in this information field, rather than "delivered". 

If it is, it is not a scam run by the merchant, which is what had been suggested.

@IOthman: the merchant may not be aware of your issue.  The IM system "caps" at a mere 25 IMs.  So if 25 IMs had been sent after the merchant logged off and before you sent your IMs, the merchant would not get the IMs and have no idea that you tried to contact them.

You should contact then LL for a redeliver. Is not Merchant fault, but marketplace system. Not everyone can connect everyday to check, and could not receive your IM also. Also merchant is not notified about reviews, so won't expect to reply just because you rate with one star just for a non delivery ;-)

Guess you can find some good info about how to solve your problem In Knowledge Base:

-----------------

Unreceived items

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

Slow deliveries may currently be more noticeable because you now have a cart to which you can add multiple items. (This wasn't the case with the old Xstreet, which closed for purchases in October 2010.) Unfortunately, we can only send so many items at a time.

32px-KBnote.png Note: There are several interrelated causes that slow down delivery. We are hard at work on creating a faster and more reliable Marketplace system that will soon make Magic Boxes obsolete

--------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Oxmelodiexo, if you purchased a number of items from the MP that failed delivery, contacting each Merchant can certainly take a lot of time (I'm sure they would each want to help you). Another route that you might try is to contact support and send them all the transaction info so that LL can redeliver to you. While the info still needs to be provided, at least it is one contact point rather than many. It may take a day or so, but they've been very responsive.

Go to:

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

Select Marketplace and Failed Delivery, then enter the info (copy/paste or provide a screenshot as an attachment).

Maybe that will help. I do hope you receive your items so you can enjoy them!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.