you have been logged out. this region may be experiencing trouble. check your internet connection.

racerredline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First my avatar cannot move forwards or backwards. It is only able to rotate from that fixed point. Then after a few minutes it says this error message. This happens quite frequently and is a very bad irritant. During this "frozen period" if i try to teleport also it logs me out with the same message. Anyone with prior experience pls help. Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

There are rolling restarts once a week. There is one right now. You may not be able to log in, teleport or may be logged off SL. Always look at the grid status on your dasshboard:

Rolling Restarts for BlueSteel, LeTigre & Magnum Regions

[Posted 4:21PM PDT, 20 Sept 2011] Wednesday, September 21st, beginning at 8am PDT we will be performing rolling restarts on on the BlueSteel, LeTigre and Magnum RC channel regions. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects, making in-world L$ purchases, and save all builds. We will update this post when we have completed the restarts.

Welcome to the forum.

First check your internet connection.  Restart your router.  I assume you are not using a wireless connection.

Are you using one of the beta viewers--V3 or Firestorm?  They can be buggy for some people.  If you are using Phoenix or Firestorm, join their inworld support group.  They are helpful 24/7.

I had this same issue with an earlier version of Phoenix.  For some reason, my computer and that version did not get along so I switched to an earlier version.

If you can paste your computer specs here, that might help. 

To edit your question, click Options on the top right and then Edit.

• Like 1

Hello recerredline and welcome to SL Forums. As Vallerie said, we have an official announcement by LL for rolling restarts. Please see: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ 

My suggestion is to try to log in a different region like Smith or Lime and watch this space  for updates.

If you can't select a different region, in your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK.  After click the down arrow where it says "Start at" and choose <Type region name> --> Smith --> Login.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.