Forum Avatars

Canoro Philipp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i was reading at the archives of the forums remembering. we were such a unique group of people, we were what second life is about, it was as special as only users of such a special software could have done, building ideas together, doing it psychologically here instead of in-world visually.

it was like looking at old pictures at a photo album, one thing was missing of their personality tho, their avatar icons were replaced with our new avatar badges.

do you still have them? im sure some of us would like to see them again, how we have changed through time.

ill post mine, ill take a pic of my avatar badge to preserve it in case it changes.

i had this one when i started.

cp.JPG

this is my current one since we redesign our avatar/badges.

canoro badge.JPG

Hi Canoro :)  I miss everything of the old way, but we can't go back.  Maybe it's my age...resisting change :( 

I have never liked these new badges, mine I slapped up there without putting any real effort into it when we first started on Lithium.  Been meaning to update/upgrade it ever since.  Will put it on my list of things to do this week.  Thanks for the reminder :)

I wish LL would give us some new badge templates as promised. I'm dying to change my badge, but it's not possible to do what I want with the existing templates - and when oh when will LL get rid of the Jive date and put our rez dates? Surely, it can't be that difficult. The company is loaded with techno-geeks. It's a simple date that can be taken directly from our accounts. Even I could probably figure out how to do it. Sigh, but then Einstein probably couldn't tie his own shoelaces.

Canoro Philipp wrote:

we sure need more flexibility with the badges, the more options we have, the more our creativity shine.

thats true, it would be great to have our rez date in our badges, if our jive date is important, than maybe we can have both.

I don't think the jive date is important at all, someone just didn't think when putting this program together :(

Yes, I agree with you that all will be well in time, adjustments made...it's just that LL is so slow about these things...but there's nothing else like it out there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.