If You Read Blogs - What Is Most Important?

Gidge Uriza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is such diversity in the fashion blogging world, I'd be really interested to know what you as a reader are interested in. Do you love artful photography and don't mind having to dig a bit for the style notes? Would you prefer clean, catalog like presentation of products that are being featured? Do you like text, musings - or just images?

What is it YOU are looking for?

• Like 2

Artistic pics are nice, if the items are shown clearly as well.  

Having everything shown itemised is good,  with slurls.  If not slurls, a clear note at the bottom of the list that slurls are available on the slurl page <linked> .  I know that when I am looking at blogs, I impulse shop when I see something.. I will go, right THEN and buy it.  If I have to search SL (and you know how unreliable search can be at times) the urge is gone, and the creator has lost a sale.

A bit of conversation.  Pics. Slurls.  

I don't care for blogs that are just... 'Pic, list of items and maker'. Period.  To me it is a fail.  I don't buy from that.  I don't know what that is called, but it isn't blogging.  

Photos are important but how artistic they are not so much as long as what is being shown is clear.  List of creds is probably the most important for me and the easier it is for me to find the more likely I am to buy.  As for the entertainment part (as entertaining as it might be) it is probably the least important to me.  I very often will skim over the page looking at the pictures and only stoping to read the creds if I see something I am interested in.  Might be a little less entertaining than what some people like but I'm not there to be entertained =\ .  

I'd rather the credits be clear, usually at the end of the post is where I expect to find them. The photography should show off the items to their best advantage, but it's nice when they're well-styled and artistic, with nice poses and settings. I tend to only read one or two posts in a blog, if there are no comments, only pictures and credits. I get bored and move on. The blogs that really get my attention have, along with the previous two things, some kind of comment or musing, being it witty, thoughtful, sarcastic, or just a short ramble. I like to know what inspired the photo, or what it makes the blogger think of.

I am a surf the pics kinda gal.... I'll go to one of the feeds and scan it if i'm looking to shop.  Then when I find something I like I'll stop to really look at the picture.  Hopefully there is a front and back view of the outfit, along with a full view and a top view close up.  I like SLURL's but not necessary, I can search just fine.  What I really like SLURL's for is location shots.  I usually shoot my fashion shots in my studio, but I like to do landscape photography and sometimes I see places I would love to shoot when perusing fashion blogs and SLURL's for those are usually critical.

I am not a very wordy person when I blog.  I try to say what I like about an outfit or why I chose to style it the way I did. But I try to let the images show what a great look it is.  And everything I blog is something I LOVE and am wearing out on the grid.  

The exception to the above is A Passion for Virtual Fashion, Harper Beresford's blog.  She is WAY more wordy than I am, but I love the stories she weaves for her posts.  And her pictures are AMAZING!

Gidge Uriza wrote: 

What is it YOU are looking for?

Creative, interesting, unusual styles. Yes there's many blogs in SL, but it's still hard to find blogs with more alternative/different styles. Everything is too mainstream/casual. :matte-motes-not-even: Also prefer pics over text for fashion blog. Dislike gossip and wtfug type blogs.
  • Like 1

hi, I read a lot of blogs, and find new interesting blogs by reading blogs and looking at flickr. I dont mind what style, although I have my favorites.

What I like is clear credits/designer, sometimes there is just an abbreviation or initials and you can't find it in search.And if there is a slurl, please check it it is working.

I love fashion, as a photographer I love to look at blog and flickr pictures. Keep on bloggin' everyone, I really apriciate it :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.