Id like help getting the right Graphics card

sylar Oppewall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello LL and residents of SL im trying to find the right balance to work sl correctly here are my specs and I would like to get a compatible Graphics card that works well with this configuration please let me know if you have any suggestions

CPU:         Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz (2893.48 MHz)
Memory: 4078 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit  (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 450/PCI/SSE2

as you can see im trying to run it with the GTS 450 but this seems to crash and not work correctly

If that is indeed a PCI video card, your options for upgrading will be very limited. Your CPU is just fine though.

Sl has had a bug for the past few months that make the 4xx series of cards crash on anything higher than medium graphic settings.

With the rate LL moves, it may be years before it is ever fixed. I have a GTX 460 that used to be great but now I have to default to medium graphics because it will crash as soon as I launch the game.

yes ive noticed threw cross referencing that the sytem and graphics card i have should in theory work just fine and still am in the same place ive un and re installed various viewers. tweeked the graphics settings. rolled back the drivers and still im seeing everything as if i was on dial up and not using a graphics crad. ive been in sl for over 4 years now and this is the first time ive had so much issue with performance and resolution. is there a nice compination that would work with the sytem i have? LL support does not offer any help as ive now downgraded to the regular membership. "knock.. knock.." is any one in there working on bettering the sl for all?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.