Sign in to follow this  
Harper Beresford

Who was your first benefactor? (Thank you for helping me as a newbie!)

Void Singer wrote:

busted =D

Well, actually no. You're overlooking my fee as Promoter: 10% right off the top (I thought of the tickets first; that makes me the Promoter).

On the other hand, given the projected gross for this event all of those numbers will in fact probably be equal.

Astry Mirabeau, my RL grown daughter, was my first benefactor.  It was my second time to log in.  I ventured off Orientation Island and promptly got lost in a furry sim.  I IM'd her for help.  I am sure at the time she was horrified that her parents followed her into SL, but when she TP'd me to her location I am sure she was even more horrified at my appearance. LOL.  Trying to remember, I think I had yellow hair, wearing a tie-dye shirt, some short pants of some type, and huge wings.  It was so obvious I was an Orientation Island refugee.  She proceeded to drop about L$6000 on my avatar within the next couple of hours.  Skin, hair and AO.  Still wearing the same skin and hair.  A few days later, she and some good friends of hers, Paoeti and HD Pomeray, got together and rented us a plot on a private island beach for several months.  I immediately went to building.  All 3 of them were established merchants, and I must have bugged the crap out of them with questions.  Learned a lot.  Had great fun.  Still here. 

Void Singer wrote:

so nobody actually caught my evil math? (25% of the net could NEVER exceed 50% of the gross)

What if the promoter (Dillon) is actually willing to contribute to your singeing? Then we could have a net with no gross. Not that a net will help you where you're going.

I wish I knew who mine was. She was my angel on my first day.

I've thought about this and I reckon it has to be Dino Moleno.

We've been friends almost since day one, even though I knew he was older than me, but he taught me not to be frightened of building.

When we first met, he let me modify a building he'd created. He gave me full rights and I clicked something and it all collapsed.

I spent the whole day trying to fix that before he came online lol.

Without Dino's patience, I wouldn't still be messing around in here trying to find my forte, and having great fun doing so.

Probably all the bots I tried talking to, they made me realise the true nature of SL until I met some nice peeps.

But Definately Taneya Handrick & Moni Deutmann :)

Kenbro, my RL dad is in SL as well and he cost a LOT more. Then he would constantly be iming me to ask how to adjust this or that or hit me up for MORE Linden. He cost me a bundle.

But he's happy. And he supports my endeavors in SL and understands more of what I am doing. And he doesn't bother me anymore.

Lol, well I don't think I asked for Lindens much, just was fascinated with building, scripting and texturing, so at first there was a constant barage of questions.  Soon I learned enough not to bug her so much.  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: