How has your look changed over the years?

Harper Beresford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

slevolutionfinal.jpg

I don't really know that my look has changed, so or as much, as my uses for Second Life.>.>

My second life started on a very academic note on another avatar, then took on a Victorian aesthetic and then ultimately a kind of whatever-i-am-done-taking-my-e-self-so-seriously bend.

I couldn't find any pictures, other than group pictures, from early 2007 or 2008. I think I deleted them in a "I'M QUITTING SL FOR FOREVER" fit. Probably after some e-breakup. I do wish I had pictures of me being a super-noob though.

So, overall I would say my fashion has become increasingly less formal despite current tie. Oh, and I'm a lot shorter now too. No more 6ft tall woman av for me! =^.^= My whole second life from 2009 onward though is mostly catalogued on flickr. :D

In order of skins:

2007- Terrible freebie skin

2008- LAQ

2009- ROMI

2010- Gala/Curio

2011 - Leafy

• 3 weeks later...

intriguing thread.

history.jpg

When I started playing SL, there were not so many male skin stores yet. My first skin was a freebie but I think it's one of naughty design's Dante skin options. I have a feeling that more than 50% of guys were wearing that skin back then. lol

A month later I fell in love with Antonio skin from FNKY! , so I bought linden dollars to get it. Ever since then I've been changing skins every so often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Oh my god, is she really bringing that very very very dead topic back to live?

Yes I am.

Eeeeeek zombie topic alert!

Its just that I really like this topic and want to see more pictures like this.

And my avatar also just turned 5, so I thought it was about time I updated my evolution picture;

12668422384_c0a1990ada_h.jpg

Jo Yardley wrote:

Oh my god, is she really bringing that very very very dead topic back to live?

Yes I am.

Eeeeeek zombie topic alert!

Its just that I really like this topic and want to see more pictures like this.

And my avatar also just turned 5, so I thought it was about time I updated my evolution picture;

12668422384_c0a1990ada_h.jpg

Okay, I'll go with year 4 before noon. Year 5 after noon and year three after five.

And we'll just forget our year one images, okay?

Clockwise, from upper left:

• 2008 - Day Two in SL
  • 2010 - Bartending at the Forum Cartel Hangout
  • 2012 - Pondering one of AM Radio's Sims
  • 2014 - Saluting Snugs

The Evolution of Maddy.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you resurrected this thread Jo. I love this stuff :)

Here's my evolution:

collage evolution ll.png

As you can see, my basic look has stayed the same right from day one. That first pic from 2008 was 2 weeks into my SL, and even before I found that freebie skin, I had the starter system skin and ginger beard.  Some things will never change.

• 4 years later...

It would be great if this thread came back to life.  I posted in here I believe way back in 2011 and goodness I am still here in SL seven years later.  Here is my evolution now up to date.  I have tried to keep the same face sometimes I got lost in it all but as of today I am happy now with my evolution to my full mesh representation of me.

SL Evolution of Xena 2018 800512.png

• Like 4

On 6/9/2018 at 8:24 AM, Lixena Lamourfou said:

It would be great if this thread came back to life. 

I love this thread.  I was taking one of my breaks in 2011, so didn't see this back then.  I'll have to pull pics tonight when I get off work.  

There sure are a lot of people from the 2011 posts that are either no longer in SL or at least not active on the forums anymore.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:07 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I love this thread.  I was taking one of my breaks in 2011, so didn't see this back then.  I'll have to pull pics tonight when I get off work.  

There sure are a lot of people from the 2011 posts that are either no longer in SL or at least not active on the forums anymore.

Yes, I think you are right.  It would be nice to see some new residents show how they are progressing.  We old residents came through alot of bad hair days and ill-fitting stuff to get to where we are now. I wonder what are their improvements.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Had a break in 2011 and in the period 2013 - 2016 SL was a glorified chatbox for me, where I did nothing more than chatting every now and then with old friends and no real  adjustments to my avie or any pictures :)

On 6/17/2018 at 8:18 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Well, I have hardly changed at all.... 9_9

I think it is fascinating how we all pretty much have stayed with the same look.  I love the ownership of our avatars.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Seren in 2013-2014 was same hence no picture; I had lolas and slink feet plus hands though I look at my skin and think I been tangoed - lmao!

In 2015 I discovered mesh bodies after being so sick and being in hospital for a while; went with Maitreya and been loyal since and went fairer however stayed a redhead but returned to being dark red over other shade.

2016; I went bit fairer skin tone wise and started exploring other skin makers as previously I been with Hush in 2013-2014; 2014 I was in WoW skins and here in 2016 I'm wearing I believe 7 Deadly Skins one as was branching out.

2017;  I went fully mesh, splurged on a mesh head; returned to WoW skins here however wasn't 100% happy and few months after working hard as hostess I went for Bento head including tail which ya don't see in my shots so much.

2018; I'm pretty much same but few months after did shot in 2017; I discovered Lumae Skins and feel 100% happy with for now Seren looks; maybe 2019 new look but highly doubtful.

seren's evolution.png

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.