Do you have to pay REAL MONEY to obtain $L?

iAisu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never can quite understand the people that act disgusted that yes, you have to pay REAL money for certain items. Isn't that the case with everything? SL for most people is entertainment so be prepared to fork out for it.

Do you moan and whine at the bar tender about money when you order a drink that you piss out an hour later? It's the same idea, except SL has a longer lifespan.

You can allow yourself 20$ a month and have quite a decent amount of lindens if you arn't wasteful. Millions of people shell out a similar amount to play MMOs like WoW etc. So do us all a favor and stop acting like it's a ridiculous notion to spend money on PIXELS because it's not as rare as you might think.

By the way, if you pay for television you are being a hypocrite, since you are essentially paying for pixel entertainment.

goodbye

Ayrea wrote:

By the way, if you pay for television you are being a hypocrite, since you are essentially paying for pixel entertainment.

Even if they don't pay for watching television, it is still being paid for by sponsors/advertisers who feel it is more likely that you'll choose their product if you see the advert for it.  So that isn't really "free" either.

iAisu wrote:

Well... do you? 

If yes, then I will leave SL if I cannot enjoy all the features, like buying things I want without paying ridiculous amount of money for pixels.

Well, unless you are studying to be a scientist. And then, such special people receive a $1 million Linden $ bonus for signing up. (The rest of us peons must buy or earn our game currency like everyone else!!) Woot! Your lucky day.

But wait....you are already gone. Ok, then.

P.S. I keed.

• 1 month later...

I would play Fish Hunt and Gold Hunt. You'll probably earn a lot more than you would dancing.

You also get paid instantly by clicking on the ATMs at the HQ rather than waiting days like you would with E2L

http://secondlife.com/destination/fish-hunt-headquarters

http://secondlife.com/destination/gold-hunt-headquarters

Oh and there is a huge community to get involved with!! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.